[ 040 ] the clash of red, blue, and green

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
040. the clash of red, blue, and green

( song for the chapter:
about you ━ the 1975 )

( song for the chapter:about you ━ the 1975 )

           𝗡𝗢𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗟 𝗜𝗦 𝗔 𝗠𝗬𝗧𝗛. Scarlet never believed in normal and that was merely because she believed she was above it. They weren't wrong, exactly when they claimed she was a bitter narcissist, a pathological destroyer who burns down everything she touches. 

      If Midas made things golden with his touch, Scarlet brought fire with hers. 

      So, no, she was not normal. Not with the blobs of colours dancing in her vision. She knew she was in her bed, asleep. Or not. Then the bubbles turned into utter darkness.

      A void. A dark, endless void, that's where she was. 

      Until, she felt her body shake vicariously.

"WAKE UP!" Everest's voice yelled, and she opened her eyes to see the darkness being replaced with piercing light. Everest held the bedside lamp right in Scarlet's eyes in an attempt to wake her up. "I'll break a brick on your head if you don't wake up."

"Okay, okay, psycho!" She yelled, throwing her duvet off and tiredly sitting up with her back against the headboard.

"Salazar, you don't normally sleep and when you do, you're, like, dead."

"Thanks, Eve. Good morning to you too." She rubbed her eyes wryly and glanced momentarily at the clock, "It's literally 5."

"So?" Everest chuckled. "We've practiced in an hour."

"We?"

"Yeah, if I do something, you do it with me and vice versa," Everest reminded. "A month and you've already forgotten our codes?"

Scarlet let out a groan that almost sounded like a cry for help, her head was pounding at an alarming rate. "All right, I'll come."

"Good," she gave her a tight-lipped smile, throwing the shirt and skirt she had pulled out for Scarlet, and a tie that landed directly on her head. A cawing sound caught their attention and Scarlet turned towards the door to see Kaz flying in. 

"There you are, lovely." She took Kaz in her lap, soothing its pitch-black skin.

"Hideous creature, that is," Everest grimaced and Kaz cawed at her aggressively as soon as she said the words.