[ 034 ] don't count yourself out

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
034. don't count yourself out

          "𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗚𝗢𝗜𝗡𝗚?" 𝗖𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗘 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗭𝗭𝗘𝗗, watching her daughter all dressed up, trying to sneak out in the pouring rain. "Are you..."

"No," Scarlet cut her off instantly. "I'm obviously not running away, I need to see a friend... that's all."

Andromeda Black has increased security for the children and teenagers in every single pureblood family after her departure. Scarlet had to give it to her—the young woman knew how to make an exit. The situation caused all these parents to walk on eggshells. 

      Just after her arrival at her manor, Scarlet received a letter from Narcissa expressing her dejection, mentioning she could not talk about the misery with anybody else and it was rather agonising.

Celeste squinted her eyes. "I'm curious now," she folded her arms. "Who is this friend?"

"Evan," she shrugged, blurting out quickly. "You know, a Slytherin pureblood, the son of the Rosiers—"

"Okay, all right, I know him!" Celeste cut her off this time, rolling her eyes. "You don't need to give me his government information, I'm not a monster."

"You might benefit from some friends, Mama," she grinned playfully. Celeste blinked at her, wondering what had gotten into the girl. "You know, ones that are not Walburga Black... she sounds like a piece of work."

"You have been spending an awful load of time with Sirius, haven't you, young lady?" she folded her arms, raising a brow. "Do not be disrespectful and ask Kaz to send me a signal if anything goes wrong."

Celeste was always too overprotective, ever since Scarlet was born. 

      The young blonde kissed her mother's cheek before opening up her umbrella and exiting.

      It was quite a long ride, and Muggles never failed to shoot her peculiar expressions whenever she would pass by in her expensive (and odd) clothes. Scarlet was never used to it because otherwise, in the wizarding world, people would stare in awe.

      Thankfully, her arrogance was enough to never let these odd looks get to her. Finally getting off the train she caught after the announcement that she had reached Brighton, she took a walk in the fresh air. It was not raining in Brighton and the air was refreshing.