[ 081 ] ancient potions and bad people

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
081. ancient potions and bad people

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗚𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗦𝗧 𝗔 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗞 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗖𝗔𝗕𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧 with Sirius trailing wet kisses down her neck. "Blondie?" He gasped against her skin, the smell of cigars and withering springs filling his nostrils. "Can I suggest something?"

She hummed in a gesture for him to continue, fingers twisted in his silky hair. As she touched his hair, she remembered the two-hour-long lecture she received for the stunt she pulled by turning his fabulous hair neon-green. It made her smirk in satisfaction.

"It's just a suggestion. We'll do whatever you feel comfortable with." Sirius said, pulling his head from the crook of her neck and looking into her enlarged black pupils.

"Sirius, just say it." Scarlet sighed, he had been intensely careful with everything he had been saying for the past two days — it was causing her patience to run thin.

"I think we should keep our... relationship illicit," he said. "They're never gonna accept us anymore. I'm not the perfect, wealthy pureblood heir for you anymore — a Bridget heiress with a blood traitor won't sit well with these people."

"Sirius, I don't care what they have to say—"

"No, no, but I do," said Black. "Look, the kind of cruel things they say to me — I'll be damned to allow them to speak to you that way. I know how much pride you hold in your name and reputation. I cannot be the reason for all that to be destroyed."

"Are you sure it would not bother you?" Scarlet asked, touching his cheekbone with one hand, and he melted into her touch instantly. "I don't want you to think I'm keeping you a secret."

He placed his palm over her hand that was on his face, "Of course not," a charming smile sprouted on his lips that were tinted rosy. "After all, our friends will know. I'm sure telling Chasseur about this is the only thing that matters to you anyway — we can tell all our friends together—"

Sirius saw Scarlet cringe as he said the statements, and he furrowed his brows.

"So..." she pursed her lips, trying to hide a grin. "I already told Everest about us."

      He shot her an unamused look, and it made her want to burst out into laughter. Thankfully for her and Sirius' lack of amusement, the door swung open and the couple unwrapped their hands from each other and widened their distance significantly as though they were a plague.