[ 060 ] the bridget manor

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
060. the bridget manor

          𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝗧𝗢 𝗣𝗢𝗣𝗨𝗟𝗔𝗥 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗘𝗙, Scarlet Bridget was an understanding person. Perhaps she got the trait from her mother, Celeste Bridget had been a prey for too long to let anything slide by her eye. She had the ability to see through others, understand them.

      Truth be told Scarlet had a quick temper, inordinately difficult to control at times, and chose to remain stubborn over matters that could often be resolved within the click of two fingers. But understanding the circumstances was an entirely different scenario altogether. 

      Scarlet could apprehend and acknowledge the difficulties, scrutinise them with a pensive gaze and an open mind, though never solved the aforementioned difficulty with the same case many people had. 

      Looking at the reflection of herself in the mirror, she tightened her corset around her upper body as her mother placed the box holding her dress on the bed. 

      Then, in a flicker of a moment, Celeste stepped forward and neared her, untying the ribbons of the corset from behind her and pulling it off. 

"What are you doing?"

"You don't need it," Celeste threw it to the side as though it were nothing but a mere rug, "You're a Bridget, you're perfect as you are."

Scarlet swiftly turned around and faced her with disbelief. "What is going on," she sinisterly inquired. "Why are you acting like this,"

"What's the matter anyway—you hate corsets," Celeste shrugged, not bearing any mind to her daughter's interrogation. "You can barely breathe properly as it is."

"You've been awfully strange ever since I've come back," perhaps she was not as understanding as she claimed to be. Nothing about this made sense, and the look on her mother's face said that Scarlet was not even trying to understand her. 

"I'm not acting strange, I'm looking out for you,"

"But why?" Scarlet shook her head, "You're telling me to do the opposite of what you've always forced me to do, is something wrong?"

"Everything is perfectly fine, Carly," Celeste snapped back, her patience wearing thin. "We'll talk after dinner, do not create a scene now."

"You bet we will talk," Scarlet let out a dry, humorless chuckle. "Seriously, don't hide things from me."