[ 055 ] like you hate me

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
055. like you hate me

          𝗦𝗜𝗥𝗜𝗨𝗦 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗕𝗔𝗥𝗚𝗘𝗗 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗟𝗬𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗡 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗢𝗡 𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗠 𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗨𝗥 who held a tray of leftover pasta she begged the elves to give her. As usual, she had little idea of what was going on—however, when she saw Sirius standing in front of the common room, yelling at the closed entrance, her first thought was to help him enter before he actually broke the door down or did something hysterical.

"I found him standing out there like a lunatic," Everest pointed to him.

"What the hell happened back there?" Sirius asked, eyes travelling to the space between Barty and Scarlet—rather the lack of space.

"Sirius—what are you doing here?" she asked, a little snappy.

Everest glanced towards Barty, softly mouthing, 'what happened?' to which Barty shrugged, responding with, 'long story'.

"Can you guys give us a moment?" Sirius said, looking rather restless and not bothering to take his eyes off of Scarlet. She opened her mouth to speak—but no words came out.

Everest looked at Scarlet and the blonde gave her an assuring look to say it was okay for her to leave along with Barty—the two made their way to their designated dorms.

"What was all that with Crouch?" he asked, voice sounding as snappy as hers. "I don't trust him either—but watching you snap at him like that? It's almost like you know something that I don't!"

"That's not true!" Scarlet shot back, finding herself absentmindedly spinning her ring. "You saw the look on his face, I thought he did it!"

"For the love of fucking Godric, Scarlet, a girl is hexed," he hysterically said with a stern jaw, growing angry by the minute. "It wasn't a simple fight, she's paralysed and we don't know if she's going to wake up!"

"I don't know what happened, okay!" she spoke through a hoarse voice, growing restless. "I don't know why I was there, I don't remember anything,"

"Stop lying!" Sirius cut her off in an angry yell, "For once in your life, just stop lying to me, Scarlet! There's something going on with you, there's a reason you blamed him!"