[ 063 ] aboard the hogwarts express

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
063. aboard the hogwarts express

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗟𝗗 𝗞𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬. 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗙𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗢𝗨𝗦. Well, she was terribly happy for her friend Lily Evans for being appointed Head Girl, a position the blonde desperately wanted. 

      Narcissa would've been ashamed of me, Scarlet thought. And the smoke of anger bellowing from her ears was not exactly foggy. 

"You look like your blood is boiling," Regulus nudged her, seeing right through her as they walked in front of their parents in Kings Cross Station whilst Sirius was running around, trying to find his friends. "Tone the anger down a little."

"I'll murder Dumbledore." Scarlet grumbled with a straight face. After the attacks ruined what would've been everyone's peaceful summer, students were furious with the Slytherins.

"Dumbledore should get rid of Slytherin House at this point," a Ravenclaw muttered as she passed, viciously eyeing Regulus and Scarlet.

Scarlet knew starting what would be her second fight at the King's Cross Station was a bad idea. She was about to lunge forward, allowing her intrusive thoughts to win when Celeste tugged at the back of her robe and pulled her to her initial position.

"Listen to me," Celeste whispered quietly, slightly pulling her away from the Blacks. "Don't let them see your anger—it'll all make it worse... I'll have a chat with the Ministry—see what I can do about it."

"Please, do so," Scarlet told her mother with a roll of her eyes, "before I hex one of these vicious gits into oblivion." She sent a deadly glare at one of the sixth-year boys who passed and shot the blonde women a suspicious look. 

"You will not resort to violence, do I make myself clear?" Celeste firmly asked, eyes boring into her daughter's.

Scarlet sighed. "Yes."

"Great," Celeste put on an elegant, soft smile as she straightened her posture, standing taller than her daughter. "You have a great year, sweetheart, and remember to write anytime something is wrong."

"Of course," she draped one arm around her mother's shoulder softly and pulled away after seconds, still not very appreciative of physical affection.

      The train ride was longer than she had anticipated, and Scarlet spent quite some hours murderously glaring at James Potter who miraculously got appointed Head Boy despite being a moron the entire time.