[ 119 ] a dire loss of hope

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
119. happily ever after

march, 1981

"𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗙𝗘𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚?" 

"𝗜 𝗗𝗢𝗡'𝗧 𝗙𝗘𝗘𝗟 𝗔𝗡𝗬𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚."

      Scarlet nodded at Sirius' response, the secret about the Potters' location was put in him, charming the house on Godric's Hollow with protection and concealment. Sirius has been wary the entire night because he could not feel any change despite all the charms and spells used. 

"This is getting worse," Sirius added, a look of hopelessness in his eyes, "I can't believe he chose Harry. The man is a lunatic, no sane man has ever tortured an entire country for a decade."

"It worries me."

"What?"

Scarlet was in her business clothes since she had work that day, she gently sat beside him. Sirius sat hand-in-hand, elbows resting on his knees, "I don't understand who is feeding Dumbledore this information."

A critical thinking look appeared on his face, and he nodded in understanding, "He never had our best interest at heart, did he?"

"Anything to win a war this cruel, Sirius," she shrugged, "I can't blame him. That is precisely why Potter chose you, and not Dumbledore."

"Any idea on the traitor?"

Scarlet felt lost, "No," it felt humiliating to admit that although she was sitting at both of these sides' meetings at least once in two weeks, she could not decipher the truth. "It's strange, is it not? I knew everything when I was young."

A little chuckle left his lips, "you realise we're still young, right?"

"I'd argue otherwise, I can already see wrinkles sprawling on your forehead." She smirked lightly, anything to brighten up the atmosphere.

"Ouch, Blondie," he placed his palm over his chest, pretending-pouting, "you wound me."

"C'mere, you," she leaned down, hand on his neck as she kissed him softly, a blissful and long peck on his lips before she pulled away.

"Don't go," he held onto her arms, looking absolutely devastated just like he would pretend to be back in Hogwarts whenever she would leave his dorm, except this time, that devastation was real.