[ 029 ] a discovery of a lifetime

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧 
029. a discovery of a lifetime

( song for the chapter:
ribs — lorde )

( song for the chapter:ribs — lorde )

          𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗙𝗙, 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘𝗦 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗬𝗘𝗧 to clear out Slughorn's room after the club was over. Scarlet was sneaking out of the Party room with some snacks after Everest begged her to steal some food because she was still hungry. However, squinting her eyes, she saw three familiar silhouettes making their way out of the castle. 

      And they all looked like imposters.

They were quite loud too, it wouldn't be a surprise if anyone but Scarlet followed them. Settling the snacks aside on the floor, she quickly stalked them outside where they headed towards the Whomping Willow.

"I can't believe you lost him!" Sirius exclaimed to Peter.

"Uh—how is it my fault, besides, he's gonna be in the Whomping Willow anyway." Peter nonchalantly replied.

"What if he's not," Sirius folded his arms.

"Why are you shouting?" James scoffed. "We don't want to attract attention,"

James quickly shut up whilst the other two got into a very animated argument about whose fault it was that they lost Remus. He quieted down because he saw a familiar figure behind them.

"Uhm, guys, is that Padfoot's fake girlfriend?" James nervously chuckled, hoping he was seeing things.

"Blondie, what the hell are you doing here?" Sirius stomped towards her, grabbing her shoulders and pulling her away from the Whomping Willow.

Scarlet shrugged lightly, crossing her arms. "I know one of you is a werewolf, I wanted to know which one,"

The colours from the boys' faces vanished, they looked snow-white.

"WAIT, WHAT?" James loudly spoke, "How are you saying that so calmly, shouldn't you be out here with torches and fire?"

"I'm not a psycho!" Scarlet scoffed, watching the heat of the moment rising, "Besides, I don't have an issue with werewolves ever since that inci—whatever, you don't have to worry about me knowing,"

"How did you even know?" Peter asked with confusion.

"It's bloody obvious, the way you miss classes — the sneaking around every once in a month," she pointed out, "My guess is on you, or you," she back-to-back pointed at Sirius and James.