[ 062 ] I'll always be here

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
062. I'll always be here

          𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗠 𝗢𝗙 𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗧 𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 a few hours ago lingered in the air. Scarlet noticed it was still quite dark outside, no shed of light adorning the air. It couldn't have been less than three hours since she left her house. Whilst Sirius fell asleep right after, Scarlet could not bring herself to close her eyes for even a moment.

      Memories from last night started to flood back into her mind. The blissful feeling of honey in her veins, and how utterly and terrifyingly gentle he was with her. The way he filled every inch of her in glorious tranquillity, as though nothing else mattered. Then came the memories of her fight with her mother and her heart sank.

      Scarlet felt an odd feeling in the pit of her stomach. She was unsure of whether it was mere fun or guilt. Perhaps worry. Worried about where this would lead. She looked at Sirius who was facing away, lying on his stomach next to her, snoring lightly. 

      She leaned forward to push the hair that was stuck to his sweaty forehead behind his ears, and softly kissed the temple of his head. As unbelievable as it sounded, she was admiring him.

      Something was swirling in her stomach, deep in the very pit of her belly. The more she stared at his features and the scoop of messy hair, the more that feeling blossomed and flowered and travelled upwards. To where it resided in her chest. Her heart picked up its pace, beating against the cage of her ribs and bouncing off her sternum. This feeling, this sentiment, folate slowly inside her chest, contouring her heart and synchronising with its beats. It left a stinging residue in its path. But not the bad kind of stinging—a feeling so good that it hurts.

      She realised, at that moment, that Sirius Black would never truly know just how much he means to her.

      As though the realisation of the momentum of the events circulating hit her suddenly like a large wave at the shore, she jumped off his bed, putting on the ivy dress back with shaky fingers and a stinging feeling of dread in her stomach.

      She wanted to stay. She couldn't stay—no matter how much she resented the idea of going back home. Although he had confirmed she could stay, it seemed like a bad idea.