[ 087 ] till death do us part

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
087. till death do us part

( songs for the chapter:
sawn lake — tchaikovsky
back to black — amy winehouse )

( songs for the chapter:sawn lake — tchaikovskyback to black — amy winehouse )

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗞. 𝗔 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗜𝗡 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗚𝗢𝗪𝗡 with lace, long sleeves, and a deep v-neck. Bridesmaids could be distinguished by the very thin belt around their waists with tiny carved gold roses on it. 

      Seeing Bellatrix Lestrange from far away when the bridesmaids gathered for their portraits to be taken brought some memories to the surface. All those missions she unknowingly went to back in sixth year, only Merlin knows how many times Bellatrix managed to catch her eye and recognise her.

"It is such a shame your mother could not join us," a voice said behind her when she was fixing a vase of white roses on one of the tables. She whirled around and charmingly smiled instantly.

"Uncle Abraxas, I have not seen you for so long," said the girl. Abraxas minded the glass of white wine in his hand and leaned down to hug her. 

"You look stunning, dear," Abraxas grinned. "I am so disappointed in my sister, truly."

Scarlet chuckled. "It was a last-minute task, and she promised she would visit Lucius and Narcissa tomorrow, just to congratulate the two."

"She better, yes, she better," Abraxas sternly pointed.

In Scarlet's mind, Celeste not attending her only nephew's wedding was a little bit peculiar. Her mother hastily mentioned an emergency at the Ministry and exited the House very early in the morning; when Scarlet eavesdropped conversations happening at Malfoy Manor, nothing seemed out of the ordinary or concerning. 

"Why don't you go ahead and give Narcissa a hand?" Abraxas advised. "I hear girls have all sorts of matters to talk about before the wedding."

"You've heard right," Scarlet raised a brow, smiling, "I will see you later, Uncle Abraxas," she waved her hand a little and made her way from the gardens into the Manor.

      When she took a sharp turn around the corner where the door to Narcissa's room lay, she heard a second, familiar, and very loud voice. Again, she did not want to meet Bellatrix Lestrange knowing her intense unpredictability.