[ 089 ] when it all falls down

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
089. when it all falls down

SEPTEMBER, 1978

          𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗜𝗠𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗗. Given her astonishingly impressive qualities, her acts always bring marvelous consequences. None of it derives from well-thought plans and crude investigations. Scarlet improvises. That was one way her character differed from her mother's. Celeste Bridget gave her sweat and tears into forming master plans. Her mind worked in a way nobody else quite understood but the Ministry trusted her enough to follow through her knowledge and influence. 

      Scarlet, however, was not a mastermind.

      She did not plan on joining the dark forces in an attempt to discover Voldemort's corrupt weakness. She did not plan on working closely with Dumbledore and joining the Order to help them with the information she received. 

      Scarlet wished she could be one of those people who come up with cunning plans and paths to escape or perform magically; she could never. She did not plan on visiting the Ministry of Magic on that Autumn afternoon but sudden thoughts spiraling out of control within her twisted mind drove her to the edge. 

"I am so very glad you have come to see me, Miss Bridget," Harold Minchum greeted as a guard closed the grand door behind Scarlet's figure. The Minister was shuffling through some paperwork, standing by his large and disorganised table with a solemn but welcoming look.

Scarlet wore a long, black-gray overcoat with her hands shoved in her pocket; chin straight, posture straight, and a tiny, polite smile on her red lips. Aster pulled her hair into a soft bun with a claw clip which made her look more graceful, a lot more like her elegant mother.

"Good afternoon, Minister," Scarlet nodded once, bowing her head a little and standing very still in her position. "Pleasure to meet you again. I apologise for showing up unannounced."

Minchum dismissed her apology with a wave of his hand, "That is no worries dear, as I said, I am glad to have you here anytime. Please, take a seat."

Scarlet listened, she sat down on the chair opposite Minchum and stayed silent, not speaking unless she was spoken to. 

"Excuse me, Scarlet, I will get to the point, if that is alright with you," the Minister said with a sigh.

"Absolutely,"