[ 024 ] then so be it

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
024. then so be it

( trigger warning:
sexual assault )

( trigger warning:sexual assault )

          𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗟𝗬𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗡 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗢𝗡 𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗠 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗟𝗜𝗧 𝗨𝗣 𝗜𝗡 𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗦, fire whiskey bought by the seventh-year students, and light music played in the background as everybody cheered on the winning Quidditch team. 

Everest and Scarlet wore matching colours, covered in a black, silk-short dress that reached their mid-thighs, and an open back. Everest was not fond of it.

"I hate this, why does it itch!" She tugged at the sleeves.

"No, it doesn't," Scarlet defended, "How much did you drink?"

"Only like three bottles, I'm fine," Everest shrugged nonchalantly, licking her lips.

"Don't lick your lips, you're eating your lipstick!" She exclaimed, a wine glass in her hand.

"All right, mother!" Everest giggled subconsciously, looking around and blinking at the hazy sight.

"I truly am suffocating," Scarlet wondered, looking around the heavy crowd she was not fond of. "Should we go get some fresh air—"

"DORCAS!" The drunk brunette shouted cheerfully, standing up and allowing her weight to fall fully on the girl.

Dorcas giggled, pulling her off, "Blimley, Eve, you look stunning!"

"I don't feel stunning," she grumpily slurred.

"Hey," Scarlet waved at Dorcas, "Keep an eye on her, I'll step out for a moment,"

"Of course," she smiled back, nodding in confirmation as she sat the girl down, starting a conversation.

Scarlet felt the music fading as she made her way further from the common room. Suddenly, she heard footsteps that made her turn around.

"Who's there?" She called, furrowing her brows.

"Just me, sweetheart," Silas appeared out of the blue, venom spilling from his tone. An ugly bruise started to appear on his jaw. "I'd like to thank you,"

"You're welcome," she sarcastically said, turning around and walking at a faster pace.

"No, no, you just got me detention for a month, whilst they gave you nothing," he scoffed, starting to keep up her pace, "Just because you're wealthy doesn't give you the right to get away with everything!"