[ 072 ] my past frozen behind glass

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
072. my past frozen behind glass

( songs for the chapter:
family line — conan gray
its time to go — taylor swift  )

( songs for the chapter:family line — conan grayits time to go — taylor swift  )

          "𝗜𝗧 𝗜𝗦 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗧𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗧𝗨𝗡𝗧 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗣𝗨𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗧 𝗥𝗢𝗦𝗜𝗘𝗥 𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗢𝗥," Walburga spat in a cold, sharp tone and Sirius was too used to it to flinch. His face remained rigid and firm as he sat by the dining table, just the way the Blacks had taught him. He nodded along, not saying anything. Saying a word out of line would promote rage from his mother, and his increasingly fragile heart could not bear any more rage and fire. "Snogging the girl in front of everybody else."

      Sirius remained quiet. He did not even want to have dinner that night, Rosiers had a way to suck all the fun and hunger out as though they were dementors. 

Walburga harshly let her fork drop and it clattered against the grey plate, "I am speaking. When I speak, you listen."

"I'm listening." Sirius confirmed, eyes connecting to his mother's. Merlin, Sirius inherited his mother's eyes down to the little cobalt flecks in her irises. They looked exactly the same—cloudy-gray with a tint of ocean blue. When angered, the edges of their irises darkened to charcoal-black. Sirius had his mother's eyes.

Walburga inhaled, and turned to Regulus, "Go to your room."

      That captured Orion's attention, and he raised his head lazily from the newspaper as his gaze lingered between his sons. Regulus quietly raised from his seat and made his way upstairs—except, he did not go to his room and silently sat by the stairs to eavesdrop. Somehow, he always did this whenever he was asked to leave and never got caught. He would stay close, just in case. 

"After what you have done — I must remind you this is not Hogwarts and those people were not stupid adolescents with no expectations — our society will be expecting a wedding," Walburga explained a tiny bit of weariness in her thick voice.

"What are you getting at?" Sirius asked slowly, eyes still locked on his mother.

"I am saying you must marry the girl. I will not allow your foolish tactics to ruin her reputation."