[ 051 ] our loathsome constellations

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
051. our loathsome constellations

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘𝗗 about how her conversation with Marlene McKinnon went, and there was no doubt that she would hear all about the two girls' time together from Everest later on.

      With no worries in her mind and a less dense heart, she made her way to the Astronomy Tower, her shoes clicking softly against the stairs as she made her way to the top.

      A figure with a head full of black curls rested by the telescope, pale and dainty fingers miraculously working with the tools and adjustments. His robes were lazily folded at his feet as he leaned to look through. Except, despite looking a lot like Sirius Black, the silhouette was not Sirius.

She coughed sharply, trying to gather his attention.

"Salazar!" Regulus jumped out of his skin in fright as he saw her creeping in. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"First of all, mind your language, kid." Scarlet replied with an attitude, slyly turning around to make sure Sirius was nowhere nearby. "What are you doing here?"

"I asked first," he folded his arms.

"I come here often," she shrugged. 

"The Astronomy Tower?" Regulus raised a brow. "You said you hated the subject."

Scarlet only glared. "That is beside the point; I never see you here."

Scarlet watched him silently look back at the sky in a tense manner, hovering over the old telescope. The blonde squinted her eyes.

"You're not failing Astronomy, are you?" 

"No!" Regulus exclaimed back in defense, finding her assumption ridiculous.

"Good," she folded her arms and approached him to stand right next to him. "Because that would be embarrassing."

Regulus sighed heavily and stared ahead for a solid minute. His shoulders were still tense and his chest rose and fell in a rapid manner. As though he was desperately trying to steady his breathing. 

"Regulus," she softly said his name and the way he reacted with a sly flinch, Scarlet thought he might break. "What happened?"

Just two nights ago, they were getting drunk and laughing about irrelevant matters. However, at the moment, he looked as though the weight of the world was on his shoulders.