[ 071 ] nobody's son nobody's daughter

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘
071. nobody's son nobody's daughter

          𝗖𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗘 𝗕𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗗 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗧 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚'𝗦 𝗖𝗥𝗢𝗦𝗦 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 when picking up her beloved daughter. A smirk tugged at the corners of her lips as she walked down the pavement, an echoing whisper of her heels that followed Celeste Bridget everywhere. People shot her secret glances, up-and-down lingering gazes at her stunning figure. She was somewhat of a myth around the country—it was difficult to capture her in person merely because she stayed in the shadow. Yet, every paper and every law the Ministry passed down had Celeste's name written on it, in bold black. She was the embodiment of wealth and influence, and her ability to remain invisible until suddenly re-appearing in a crowded area made her even more desirable. 

      To the pureblood men, it did not matter that she was widowed or that she was the mother of the heiress to the Bridget Throne, they would kill to feel her infamous touch. It was intensely morbid and yet interesting all at the same time. 

"Oh, hello, Celeste!" A cheery, very very familiar voice called for her, and her head full of long blonde hair swiftly turned around, watching a shorter silhouette of a woman approaching her. Celeste's breath hitched, and she coughed slightly to maintain composure and then raised her chin sharply; her lips tugging to a formal smile.

"Hello to you, Euphemia," she shot her a glance. It looked like Euphemia was not having any of her bullshit today.

"You are not going to pretend as though you're too good for me, not today, Celeste." Mia declared sternly, and before the blonde woman knew it, a grip on her forearm dragged her away to the furthest corners of the station. She looked around, shooting wry glances at all those staring in amusement.

Celeste snatched her hand away, and the two halted in their hurried footsteps. "Behave, Euphemia. What is the matter?"

"Don't treat me like a stranger," Mia's eyes were astonishingly wide, and Celeste feared she could get lost in the haze of her irises and never recover. "I have spent the past week re-collecting my words, trying to figure out a way to speak to you without you treating me like a nobody."

"There is nothing to say anymore." The blonde retorted.

"I've tried years but I cannot live with you becoming a mere shadow... I miss you," a pause occurred and two hearts skipped a beat, "you know, I didn't even carve Monty and I's initials on that wall back in Hogwarts, Cel." Mia spoke in an unusually solemn manner for a mere lost friend.