[ 023 ] a congratulatory kiss

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
023. a congratulatory kiss

          𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗨𝗔𝗟 𝗤𝗨𝗔𝗗𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗖𝗛 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗦𝗧 𝗘𝗫𝗖𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 for most students. Whilst Scarlet did not participate in the sports, considering herself way too elegant for such an extravagant game (excuse her excessive pride), she was one of the biggest cheerleaders for such matters.

A conflict stood in the way though—a number of people asked her which team she will be supporting. Slytherin was the non-negotiable answer, however, she understood why some may think she would be supporting her 'boyfriend'. A lot of Hogwarts' students were delusional that way.

Before the match, she whispered some encouraging words to Regulus Black who was this year's seeker for Slytherin, and he was quite nervous. "We all know you have quite the eye for detail, you'll find it in no time."

Both teams were prepared to head outside, exchanging last-minute plans and tricks and strategies. Regulus nodded and joined Captain Evan Rosier for preparation.

Scarlet was about to make her way out when she was stopped by the devil itself.

"No good-luck kiss for me?" He pouted. Unexpectedly, he wrapped both of his arms around her waist, swiftly making her arch her back and hold onto his shoulders.

"What are you doing?" She whispered, eyes wide.

Sirius smirked in response. "People are watching and I have to be on top of both of my games today."

"How could you be on top with your head so far up your arse?" She smiled for the show, her expression contradicting her sarcasm. She looked around at the people giving them small glances.

He leaned forward a bit more, his nose almost touching hers. She swore he torments her on purpose.

"I guess we'll have to wait to find out." He whispered, strangely cupping her cheekbone and leaving her confused.

Scarlet bolted away as soon as she could, finding her designated area and taking a seat amongst other Slytherin students who held signs and flags in support.

Next to her sat Narcissa Black who stared at her with a peculiar expression. "You traitor." She simply stated.

Scarlet was taken aback, "What are you talking about?"

Narcissa handed her the pocket-mirror she always (obviously) carried, a scowl on her face. Scarlet smirked, "Don't scowl, Cissa, it causes wrinkles."

Her joy obviously dropped when she noticed the faint red and yellow strip of paint on her face.