3 - 'Why?'

Ghosts face confused you, why did he look so angry? and - ow..his grip on your arm. Your frenzy of rage was slowly decreasing, yet he hadn't answered. Your clenched fist loosened and dropped by your side.

"Ghost?" You repeated.

 He was just staring with that angry look. What had you done wrong? Well... You glanced around at the crowd and what you had caused. But it was all with good intentions... right?

His grip tightens and you wince trying to pull your arm away but to no avail.

"Ghost" you said again but louder this time. 

"It's sir!" He snaps, his voice is cold and harsh just as it always had been.

You thought of something else to say as everyone else looked at you, a crowd of faces each portraying different emotions. You shot them all a glare and Ghost must've picked up on it because his grip tightened to the point of bruising, you turned your attention back to him, wanting to say something.

Before you could he was pulling you away. You stumbled along behind, struggling to keep up with his stride. You didn't know if he knew you'd heard him, but you didn't want to bring it up. You followed him as he pushed through the crowd.

He dragged you across the courtyard and pushed open the glass doors. He hadn't glanced at you or spoken; the tension scared you although you never let your face show it. He dragged you into the empty back halls.

He stopped, let your arm go and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He looked down at you with a frustrated look. 

"What the hell was that" he growled, his deep British accent more prominent within his annoyance.

"What do you mean?" You asked slowly not meeting his gaze. I mean, you knew but ... it was difficult to understand.

"That!" He said frustrated as his hands gestured back at the scene outside. He turned away from you with another loud sigh.

"What did I do Ghost?" You asked, curious and desperate to know. You stood still, looking at the ground as if being told off by your father. It felt like a scolding for doing something bad.

"Sir!" He corrected. 

"Sir..." You mumbled. You wanted to ask if he was okay but didn't want to frustrate him anymore. He glared at you with a cold, emotionless stare but despite it, you could see the redness in his eyes.

"Why would you do that!? - You could get kicked off TF141! you're a recruit you don't have a good chance against your actions!" He growled and started pacing. 

Did that mean - he didn't want you to be kicked off the team...? You wondered as your eyes followed his pace.

"I'm your recruits class trainer - do you know how this makes me look!" He said his eyes not meeting yours as he continued to pace. There it was, you clenched your fists, this time to hold the anger back not to fight with it.

"You mean you're afraid I've ruined your reputation?" You asked your voice rising as anger seeped into your words. You scowled; he was worried about his reputation!!?

"No - ugh" he groaned; his pacing stopped as he turned to you. "That's not what I meant" he explained, his voice softer but still rough. His stern tone matched his demanding eyes. You scoffed, folding your arms as you leaned against the wall.

"Sounded a lot like that to me" You grumbled, your words dripping with a snarky tone as you glared up at him. 

"Don't speak to me like that!" He commanded, he glared back, staring you down as if he was aware of his power as your Lieutenant.