30 - 'Folks'

You sat up with a gasp, your clothes slick with sweat as you looked around frantically. You crawled from the covers, feeling sticky as you ran your fingers through your hair, panting. You jumped off your bed, running to the door and leaving the room, the sensor lights turning on as you passed.

You stood at the top of the stairs, looking back down the hall. You fanned yourself with your shirt, looking down over the banister. You quietly stepped down the steps, looking at the clock that sat on the shelf.

[3:54am]

The red blocky letters read. You got yourself a glass of water, looking around. The area lit dimly by few lights, creating a comfortable darkness. You stood for a few moments before walking around, checking on your fathers plants. Tracing the stems on the leaves gently as you walked past.

You found yourself walking down the hall, bored as your adhd woke up with you.

You stood in front of Soaps door, the handle making a soft click before you swung it open. Snores and grunts from Soap as he slept. You stepped in, looking around at the room. Nothing had changed, just boots on the floor and the desk chair slightly shifted.

You took a seat, spinning around and pushing yourself across the room on the wheels silently. Soon bored as you stood, looking about for something else to entertain yourself. You climbed onto Soaps bed, pausing as he shifted. You crawled over slowly till you were beside him.

"Soap?" You whispered.

"Siir?..." You whisper after a moment. He didn't move. You leaned over him, tilting your head at his peaceful sleeping. You lightly poked his head, wondering if it was a bad idea considering he was in the military, what if he reacted bad thinking you were some sort of threat.

You shrugged, blowing on his forehead softly. Sighing inside as he remained still. You poked him again whispering.

"Soap?"

He shifted, rolling onto his side with a grunt. His back was turned to you.

You put your hand on the bed to steady yourself as you crawled over him carefully. He woke up suddenly, startling you as you were halfway over him. He had a rough hold on your leg, losing your balance as you fell from the bed.

You lay sprawled on the floor, looking up at the bed as he still held your leg. You watched as he peered from the bed, his stern expression turning to one of confusion.

"Rookie what the fuck are you doing!?" He whispered harshly. You smiled from your awkward position on the floor, giving a small wave. He cocked a brow, letting your leg go as the rest of you fell onto the floor with a soft thump. You stood up, noticing he'd rolled back over and was going back to bed.

You climbed back onto the bed, shaking his shoulder. He groaned. Shuffling away from you. You smiled a little, following. You crawled over him, lifting one of his eyelids.

"Hello" You said. He sighed and rolled back over. You crawled over him once more and poked his nose. You seen a small grin flick across his face.

"Rookie go to bed" He grunted before rolling over again. You sat, keeping quiet for a moment before standing up. You started to jump, careful not to jump on him. You jumped about as he shifted, a slight smile on his lips as he pulled the finger, keeping his eyes closed.

"I can and will sleep through this" He said. You kept jumping, trying your best to disturb him. You lost balance in your knees as you hit an uneven fold in the blankets, falling over him and onto the floor with a grunt. You heard him snort, knowing you'd fallen off from the noise. You rubbed your head getting back up.