14 - 'At ease solider'

The three of them quickly skulk into the darkness, doing their best to ensure that they didn't make too much noise. They stuck to the shadows, hiding behind crates and boxes whenever possible.

After making it past the first few guards and into the inner parts of the base, they begin creeping down the narrow hallways, careful of any nearby sounds of footsteps or voices. The base is dimly lit, and any sudden movement could raise suspicion and send the mission into jeopardy.

You move stealthily, making your way towards the control room. You peek inside a passing room Price had reported to go through. You see a couple of guards sitting at the desk and chatting, one of them looking particularly distracted. Your hands are steady as you reach into your pocket and pull out a smooth round camera.

Soap gives you a quick nod as you glance at him. He throws down an audio decoy gadget and all three of you slip behind some crates deeper into the shadows. The enemies stand, rifles raised as they turned into the hallway, aiming while they approach the noise with caution.

Ghost looks at Soap and signs. They both stand, walking lowly with bent knees to soften their boots before taking the enemies out from behind silently. While they do this, you throw the camera into the room up by a ceiling fan. It's a 360 camera, easy to spot when it scans. Flashing red but other than that blends in with surrounding.

"Copy bravo six" You spoke hushed. "Copy" Price said. "Camera deployed, sign" you said as Soap and Ghost entered the room behind you. You all waited for Prices call in eerie silence. "Signed" He spoke finally. All three of you looked up at the camera a small flashing red as Price scanned you all.

"Bravo six. Current location, copy" Soap says quietly, speaking as softly as he can into his earpiece. "Over east perimeter line of base. Take halls 4 and 2 enemies stand at twelve. Ghost goes south rookie go forth. Soap make your way down quarter south keep distance with Ghost, sign" Price says. "Copy" Soap says. 

The three of you keep low as you move through the base grounds, moving as quickly and quietly as possible. The base is well-guarded, and you need to be careful if you want to make it out of this alive. You need to avoid the patrol routes of the guard's scout with raised weapons.

You split from Ghost and Soap at this point. Making your way down halls silently with Prices directions coming through your earpiece. Passing passageways across hallways and catching glimpses of enemies patrolling. The three send feedback to Price monitoring surroundings. 

He keeps them on track, mapping out the base and halls for them. "Rookie go, door closet left" He reports. You follow. "Enemies at seven, copy". "Copy" You whisper as you slip into the shadows, pressing against the wall. "Order to eliminate?" You asked, being under Ghosts command.

"Approved" he said, his low voice coming through your earpiece. As the enemy walked out of the room and into the hall you grabbed his collar. Combat knife steady in your hand as it was lowered to your waist in a firm stance. You pulled him back onto the knife and he groaned lowly.

You wrapped your hand over their mouth and dragged them back into the room, finishing them off with a quick slice. "Achieved, no injuries, sign" You spoke softly. "Good work rook ... pass through, coast is clear" Price spoke. You complied, putting your combat knife back into your belt.

A sudden eruption of laughter makes you flinch and slam yourself back against the wall in the darkness. You gently make your way over behind some boxes, your heart pounding. You look down the hallway and see a group of enemies approaching. They don't seem to have spotted you yet, but they're definitely moving in your direction.

They'd see you walking past, the proximity of them from you wasn't enough to make you go unseen. You grabbed the combat knife from your ankle, a larger blade. You popped up quietly as one seen you, taking their widened eyes and glare as a sign to advance.