5 - 'Shut up'

You stopped giggling your gaze landed on his outreached hand. You hesitated for a moment, and he shook his hand impatiently. You didn't feel in control of your body all you could do was think, command your arm to lift. 

Your arm felt numb but from the corner of your eye you saw it rise, you felt like a drone.

He clasped your hand in his firmly and it snapped you out of your daze, the way his hand wrapped around yours made you wince, your knuckles hurt and the alcohol in your system wasn't stopping it as his grip applied pressure onto your injuries.

Your world felt like it was moving so slowly, spinning; so when Ghost pulled you up from the floor suddenly you were startled. He let your hand go, the only support you had in the moment was gone and you wobbled, finding your balance. He shifted, turning his head as he searched for a light switch.

Your eyes were busy focusing on the wall, you wanted it to stop spinning. You grimaced as the lights turned on and you fell against the wall, losing your stability on the floor.

Ghost turned to you, his face was stern, and he looked annoyed. 

"Are you serious Sargeant!?" His voice was low, but it made you draw back.

 Your head was pounding as his voice echoed. "What grand idea did you have to get drunk!?" He said, his eyes roaming your filthy dorm.

"Friday...?" You slurred, trying to stand back up straight and failing as you leaned against the wall in defeat. You heard him sigh.

"It's Saturday" he growled. You frowned and folded your arms with an unbothered shrug.

"Walk," he said sternly as he gestured forwards. 

'Walk?' You thought. "Why..?" You asked slowly, taking effort to pronounce the word properly.

"Because I said so - now Walk!" He shouted. You raised your hands and covered your ears, wincing. God, did he have to be fucking so loud.

You pushed off the wall and took a moment to stand steadily. Your world was spinning still but this wasn't the first time you'd been drunk. You tottered forwards, focusing on putting each foot in front of the other.

You grinned to yourself as you seen how well you were doing. 'This was the straightest line I've ever walked' You thought to yourself.

Ghost watched as you stumbled and staggered across the room in front of him, your eyes foggy like you were in another universe. He put his hands on his hips as he wondered what the best way to approach the situation was.

He'd seen this recruit in the class but any other interactions with them had slipped his mind, he didn't care for useless memories crowding his head. Their uniform was a mess, stains of blood and patches of alcohol-drenched them. Dirt was over the majority of them, face included, and their hair was disheveled.

Ghost's cold stare followed you as you wobbled around your dorm with a stupid grin on your face. Ghost walked across the dorm, stepping over the various piles of laundry and Rubbish, kicking bottles out of the way.

"Have you eaten?" He asked and you shook your head no. You'd woken up too late and the cafeteria was closed, you had skipped lunch and breakfast that day as well.

"Your drinking on an empty stomach?" Ghost said, his tone was unreadable but you could make out a hint of disappointment in his voice. 

You nodded, circling to the couch as you wobbled your way back and took a seat.

Ghost stood across the coffee table, looking down at you his gaze remained emotionless and the only noise in the silent room was the soft hum of the refrigerator. You shifted, despite your drunkness you felt awkward.