73 - Amen

[TW > we get beaten tf up and then embarrassed, considered deleting this because I'm really unsure how late it was when I wrote this.] 

"Sixty till team." Price says, smiling at you as he catches your eye. You return it, feeling the ragged ground of a gravel road underneath the moving truck.

"I like the clipboard captain." you say with a nod.

"Does it makes me look smarter?" Price asks with a smile. 

You grin, "Very smart captain." you say as he ruffles your hair. You don't mind when Price does it, he doesn't absolutely destroy your hair like the others who are careless. 

You don't mind much about your appearance, but you hate the feel of messy hair. The others are tired from hours of travel, Keegan being asleep from the start. You had found the trip pure torture, not having a lot to do. 

Alejandro and Gaz held good chats for majority of the ride, other than that you listened to music or played some type of game with Soap that Ghost would sit there pointing out everything wrong about it. 

When there was a tie however, he was quick to choose you or take your side. You couldn't tell if it was for you or because Soap would get defensive and that would entertain a fraction of the ride. Now most of them were burnt out of asleep. 

In fact, now that you looked around it was only you, Ghost and Price who remained awake. You loosened your belt, turning to sit on your knees as you leaned against the back of the chair, hoping Price wouldn't turn around anytime soon. 

You were one of the last ones in the truck, leaving limited seats but you found a way to communicate with everyone. Ghost looked from the window to you, and you smiled which he returned with a flat stare.

"Hello." you whisper, glancing at Soap asleep. Arms folded over his chest as his head was ducked down. Ghost grunted and your smile faltered slightly, "Are you okay?" you ask tilting your head. 

He nods but doesn't answer, he looks back at you before sighing. "Tired I guess." he mutters, sitting up a little more. 

"You could get some sleep now." you say. "Everyone else is." you add with a grin. He shakes his head, turning back out the window. 

"I'm alright rook, you should turn around, sit in your seat properly." he grunts, leaning back against his chair as his eyes remained fixed on the moving outside world.

You nod, looking at him for a second longer before dropping your eyes and turning back around, looking beside you at a peacefully sleeping Keegan.   

Price whistles from the front and you look up, his gaze going through you. "Lieutenant." he calls at Ghost grunts. "You read the safehouse location and mapping?" he asks, replied with a confirming hum. 

"Think we keep it simple and do current pairs?" he asks, Ghost doesn't answer, not that you can see him but Price waits. "Yeah?" he repeats Ghost grunts again but it doesn't give way to an answer before you hear shifting. 

Price smiles at you from his seat up front, "What bout you rookie? yeah or no." he grins, including you as the only other one awake. 

You grin, having no clue what the term 'current pairs' mean. "She won't have a clue." Ghost mutters behind you. 

Price shrugs, "Well your answer didn't do much, besides, it's you six so it's one of you guys choice." Price says, his eyes flicking back from Ghost to you. 

"Yes?- current pairs." you say nodding slowly. Price looks about the truck, scribbling few things down before turning to face the front. 

"Should've said no." Ghost mutters lowly behind you.