68 - Don't Lie

You tore the keys from the enemy's belt, reporting to Keegan as you went along. You unlocked the small cell where an unconscious soldier sat, head bowed and shaded blood tracing their features.

You gnawed the restraints with your simple knife, fraying the rope until it came loose. You gave a couple rough taps to their face while checking for pulse, they were alive but passed out. It wasn't much extra weight for you as you hauled them over your shoulder.

Holding them in a lock just how you'd been taught too. The issue was getting back out without running into danger. You passed a curved desk, seeing a thick folder of paper, although the cover was blank your gut urged you to take it.

It was simple enough, retracing your steps. You flipped up your night vision goggles, squinting at the bright day that met you at the end of the exit tunnel. The slope was slightly more challenging, having to keep a grip with your boots.

Finding small rigid edges of stone to haul yourself up, trying not to drop the soldier you carried. She was a female and looked badly injured, the papers had said the investigation had started two days after they lost signal.

It was lucky you found them still alive but considering the fact Specgru had been so busy lately, soldiers would start to slip by unnoticed. You trudged back towards the waiting convoy, passing over mounds of dirt and jagged stone.

Approaching the vehicle you seen Keegan with a male soldier, sitting up in the back with the open door drinking some water. Keegan spotted you after following the soldiers gaze, jogging over with a huff.

He took the soldier from your shoulder with ease, slinging her over his own as you held your shoulder and eased the muscles a bit. "Injury status?" Keegan asked, helping the soldier into the back.

"I'm all clear but these guys aren't." you say, looking over the male. "You drive, I'll sit up back and do what I can." you say, climbing into the truck as Keegan passes over the med kits.

***

You finished off the observation list, handing the clipboard over to the nurse who nodded in thanks. You had done what you could for them both, the two of them would recover but they wouldn't betray SG, resulting in more abuse.

You and Keegan had taken them into the medbay after reporting back to Cooper, you filled out a form for the injuries you had noticed and what you had done as extra precaution before turning to Keegan with a tired sigh.

"Wasn't too bad, huh?" Keegan says as you both head for the exit.

"Could've been worse." you shrug, feeling the folder hidden securely under your vest. He hums a response, sounding tired himself as you both walk across base. "Thought there would be more hassle, no?" you add.

"With you on that lil mama." Keegan chuckles, both of you standing by the elevator before it dings and opens, revealing the empty area. 

"It couldn't of been smart mama? - or even 'really super cool and talented mama." you say with a small laugh, both stepping in and pressing the floor button. 

"Little was the first thing I thought in all honesty." he says simply glancing at you.

"I'm unsure if I should be offended or not." you say with a small frown. He brushes his hand dismissively as the elevator doors open.

"Don't be offended" he chuckles, as you step out and turn to walk backwards as he follows you. "Could've been worse." 

"Never been called that one before, you usually call me a 'pain in the ass' or not a name but you say it so much, might as well- 'Rookie get the fuck out and stop touching my stuff'." you say in your best Keegan voice.