80 - Ghost?

Close eyes had been kept on both Ella and Olivia during the remaining stay at the safehouse, you kept them restrained and did rotation for night watch over them. None of you were friendly, but human decency was shown.

Only from some, you kept them secluded, allowing hour breaks outside three times a day. You were especially annoyed, the rest of the stay at the safehouse made it difficult for accommodation, nowhere to lock them away with the essentials.

Leaving you to babysit the two most of the day, they communicated through Ella mostly. She would speak and Olivia would gesture in reply only sometimes, still you made sure they were kept on edge and knew who was in control.

Laswell was made aware of the situation before the arrival back to base so upon return you were called into meeting.

"I'll just unpack this and be right there." you say giving a smile to Price who narrowed his eyes slightly and chuckles.

"At least show up for the last ten minutes rook." he laughs, patting your back as he passes, both Olivia and Ella being escorted in restraints by your teammates. You watch as they leave the underground garage, heading into the building.

You let out a huff, hands on hips as you turn towards the truck. You let out a strangled noise of startlement, seeing Ghost beside you. "Why do you do that." you say, letting out a relieved sigh.

"Stand?- I have legs Rookie." he replies, his eyes following you as you scowl, walking towards the truck.

You ignore his comment and look over your shoulder at him, "Shouldn't you head in for the meeting?" you ask.

He grunts at first, not giving much of a reply before he steps closer. "Thought I'd stick - .. about." he mutters, almost struggling to word his sentence.

"Why?" you say, moving stuff from the back. "Something you needed?" you ask, placing down a box and looking up at him.

He watches you for a moment, "You caught me on a bad day." he says, giving no other indication to what he means until he sees your confusion. "Asking me those questions, before the mission, I was blunt-"

"Honest at least." you throw in with a shrug.

He pauses for a moment, "Well yes, but I shouldn't of worded it like that-"

"Then how?" you interrupt again.

"Rookie, let me finish a sentenc-"

"Sorry what?" you say tilting your head as he narrows his eyes at you, a smile playing up under his mask.

"You're making this a lot harder for me than it needs to be." he says, shaking his head.

"Listen- It's okay and I'd rather you just told me the truth how it is; I can't stand people who sugar coat it, and besides, it was a terrible time, but I assure you, I wasn't asking about anything long term." you chuckle. "Why even entertain the thought." you laugh.

He hums, his eyes watching you through the dark sockets of his mask as you unload the truck. "I like that." he mutters, sounding like he's talking to himself rather than you.

"What?" you say looking at him as he lets some of his weight rest against the truck, leaning on it as he studies your movements.

"You don't want anything more or assume and think we're anything more." he shrugs, folding his arms. "I think I like it." he says a more confused glint in his eye as he debates his statement.

"You think?- what?" you say, returning the confusion.

"It's different." he says meeting your gaze, one thing you liked about him that he did tell the truth, it was honest and blunt and that's just what you needed to keep yourself down to earth, an anchor who would tell you at blank.