79 - Stage 2

You push the girls towards the door before pausing. "If danger approaches do your best not to panic because you'll most likely end up getting us all killed." you say continuing to usher them out as you report back to Ghost. 

You meet him back around the hallway, watching as he comes out from an office that had been searched earlier, holding up a usb stick as his eyes meet yours. His attention is quickly taken from you and down to who you have at gunpoint. 

"You didn't kill them?" Ghost muttered, eyes looking them up and down before flicking over them and back to you. 

"They didn't look like enemies." you sigh, pushing them forwards a little more as Ghost steps behind them to walk alongside you. "You know Price would lecture me if I did." you add, glancing at him. 

He doesn't reply and gives a simple halfhearted shrug, nudging away your handgun and replacing it with his own up against the silent one's back. 

You had been trained to categorize any unplanned run-ins with those who seem to be general public. Meaning you get them from the building restrained and questioning is conducted away from mission location before the next actions are decided based of answers.

You and Ghost navigated back through the building with the company you had gathered still held at gunpoint much to Ghosts approval, the two of you both having a complete switched set of emotions. 

Here you turned emotions off, the only thoughts or feelings went towards the team's health. Unknown pupils or known enemies were treated with hostility if they left your presence alive. It made you and Ghost some of the toughest fighters in majority of situations. 

Missions that required extraction of an abducted person tended to be difficult, comfort was not on either of your radars meaning the pupil was not given the idea of safety fully. If this was Soap or Gaz, these two would be treated with a little more kindness. 

You seen it weak sometimes, allowing it freely in your own time but on the battlefield and midst of missions displayed kindness was what made people see you as frail, easy to break. These were strangers who could possibly kill you. 

Their fear was nothing to you both, tears did not make you feel guilt and pleads did not make you feel sympathy. Anyone who would think different was a fool, both you and Ghost had an unspoken similarity. 

You made it back through the building with them both alive at the end, having minimal encounters with the enemies. 

You squinted as you flipped up your goggles, the bright day blinding you for a second upon exit. You looked at your arm, finding place on your compass before nodding in the direction to Ghost who nodded back. 

You were the last to arrive at the meeting point, the team's eyes on your catch. Soap took over for Ghost as he went to explain what you had told him about the two to Price. You watched his reactions to Ghosts reports, unreadable expressions with thoughtful eyes. 

Shaded by the brim of his head, fingers digging into his beard a little as he considered the next moves. Price turned, hands holding the straps of his vest, he gave a nod to you before gathering everyone's attention and explaining our next moves. 

***

You pursed your lips, stepping away from the open truck door as the others exited. The soft crunch of gravel under boots as you were met with a frantic sight of struggle. The female who spoke trying to fight off Alejandro who held her cuffs. 

Her voiced dabbled with a light French accent, her cries and blubbers misunderstood in her state of frenzy. You raised your eyebrows, walking over as you scowled slightly, "Hey-." you muttered, gun pushing into her chest.