35 - 'Early Bird'

"You look tired" you said to Ghost who removed his forearm from his eyes to see you standing by him.

The sun was setting. Price had talked to Jasper who turned out to be a big help regarding the mission.

"Mm I'm fine" he says sitting up. He wasn't in his gear surprisingly. The days heat must've caught up to him. He wore black sweatpants and a black shirt.

You didn't expect less. Price was inside ordering dinner and Jasper had gone home. "You sure you weren't just asleep?" You smile sitting beside him.

"Can't say I'm sure" he says tensing his muscles slightly in substitute for a stretch.

You hum a gentle reply and let the silence fall upon you both. After a moment you go to steal a glance at his tattoos once more. Your eyes lingered like they did every time, as if you'd never seen them.

"So, did you finish that homework?" His voice had a touch of amusement at his sentence.

You nodded with a small chuckle yourself. "Nothing too bad"

"And school itself?"

You shrugged. "It's the average experience."

"How'd Jasper figure that you were you, was it to obvious?"

"Mm no, he lifted my skirt and seen my injury."

"Guess it was inevitable."

"My fault for choosing the skirt" you said with a slack shrug. "Too short" you added in explanation.

"I think it looks good on you" he says.

You look down at your skirt and grin "can't say the same about you."

He hummed in amusement before standing up. "We should head in" he says waiting for you.

"Mm okay" you say getting up and following him inside. It was warm inside the days heat swarming the air as you took a seat beside Soap who was reading over something.

Ghost sat beside you with a soft grunt as his head fell back against the couch. His eyes still open from what you could see.

"Did you notice anything from your day rook?" Price asked with a smile as he came to sit down.

"I didn't really do anything out of order just went through with the day" you explained.

"We got some more intel gathered but we suspect we need something more from your side" Price explains. "Lt?" He added.

...

"Lieutenant?" He asked once more.

You looked at him and put your finger to your mouth. "He's asleep" you whispered.

Soap and Price shared a look that you couldn't quite make out but the three of you collectively got up silently.

————

You awoke later in the night for the same reasons as the night before. You'd managed to calm yourself in the hallway before going downstairs to grab a drink.

You felt a small tingle in your thigh, nothing looked off but still as precaution you'd put some cream on it. You yawned, grabbing a glass from the cupboard.

You opened the fridge, getting a cold glass and standing in the rectangle of light that the open fridge illuminated. You set the glass down and hoisted yourself up onto the counter.

"Rookie?"

You jumped balling your fists before realizing it what Ghost and letting your tensed muscles relax. "Jeez Ghost" you mumbled.