31 - 'Things'

{WARNING: Degrading}

"Hello" Soap said rocking back on his heels with a nod. You smiled, quickly shut up as Price shook your head his grip on your chin tightening. You frowned.

"We're not" you said, very unconvincingly. He let you go with a slight push, too disoriented to keep yourself steady you stumbled back. You glanced at Soap he stood with his arms folded, you could see the slight smirk on his lips as Price paced, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"This is unprofessional soldiers. You had no idea if we have any missions or tasks to do today, yet you still both got high. How would this look at HQ, if the Majors found you hm?"

....

"Wouldn't be good for either of you, sure do it in your own time but we are on standby. We could be called to do something at any given moment and to complete it with soldiers in the right state of mind. Really. This isn't something to go lightly, I am happy to let small mistakes pass that don't effect the team but this does.

I expect better from my soldiers especially you Soap, you're a captain yourself. What were you thinking? You know how serious this can be and, in this situation, as well. As for you Rookie, I have no words."

You and Soap stared down at the floor, as if being scolded by your parent.

"You should know better nonetheless, you guys left without telling one of us where you were going for one, and then return back high. I'm disappointed, really. Where did you guys get the weed anyways and if you have anymore hand it over"

"We got blunts off a few teenagers" you said.

"Great so your buying drugs from teens" Price exclaimed throwing his hands up.

"No, we took it from them."

"So you stole from some teens?"

"No sir they were smoking it in the bush, and we confiscated it."

"And smoked it yourself?"

"Uh .. well yes sir" You lowered your head. You heard him sigh.

"Whose idea was this? -"

"Mine sir" You said quickly "and I urged Soap to do it with me."

"Thank you for your honesty soldier but Soap is not a child, he has the choice to be influenced by others, he can easily deny your requests."

You nodded, giving Soap an apologetic look.

"Both of Yous, go get some rest or something to speed up the loss of the effects" Price growled with a dismissive wave. You both nodded.

You watched Soap walk in the direction of his room. You glanced outside, walking towards the doors.

"Uh - Rookie" Price said. You stopped and turned, "yeah?"

"Go rest" He said pointing upstairs.

You nodded backing away from the doors and heading upstairs.

You opened your doors, closing them and shutting the blinds. You looked at yourself in the bathroom mirror, leaning over as you inspected your eyes.

You walked back out, feeling restless but deciding to lay on your bed anyways. You grabbed a rubix cube from the shelf beside your bed and started to fidget as you watched the chrome cast pictures filter through on your TV.

Your not sure when but you fell asleep.

—————

"Rookie..." the voice sounded far.