45 - Callsign Caltex

You start the car as Kendrick shuts the door. You shift the car into high gear and take off down the road.

"You need to keep low and make sure you keep me in your sight, you lose me, and I lose you" you say, speeding down the road.

"You be careful, and you shout my name if you need too, I'll stop what I'm doing, know that, if you want to stick close then you have to be prepared for fighting."

"This is absolutely terrifying" He mutters his English accent heavy in his words.

Your walkie talkie sounds static, and you grab for it.

"Headquarters come in soldier" it says with a slight scratch.

"Soldier, copy" you speak, keeping a hand on the wheel as you watch the world whip by.

"Laswell here, this is soldier-?"

"Rookie" you speak.

"Callsigns are mandatory Rookie, you're wasting time."

"Callsign Caltex" you report.

"Location Caltex, copy"

"Heading west, -54, 120, copy"

"Copied, over"

You look across at Kendrick as the walkie talkie cuts. You looked ahead, shifting gears as you sharply turn the car. "Talk to me" you say.

"About?" He says sounding less panicked.

"What are you feeling?" You ask.

"I'm afraid, but adrenaline is enabling my fight or flight" He reports.

"What do you want to do?"

"My body wants to flight, but I want to fight, you said they have Kai, Kais like a brother to me" He mutters.

"Kais going to be safe" you say with a nod while you speed through the forest. The mud paths flicking up and splattering onto the car with your speed.

You're precise with your turns. You guide Kendrick into the glove box before asking him to fill slots of his gear with medical supplies.

He does as told and you wire up your mic passing him one. You change the stations and speak. "Callsign Caltex, copy?"

"I heard that" Kendrick says to you and you give a thumbs up trying to speedily navigate the forest roads.

"Callsign Caltex, do you copy?" You speak again, louder and firmer.

"Ghost online, received Caltex, over" Ghosts voice comes through, and you let out a sigh of relief.

"Soap online, received Caltex, over" You nod to yourself hearing Soaps voice relying on one more.

"Bravo six online, position Caltex, sign".

"Far west, coming in from west east, over"

"Life count, sign, copy" Price voice cuts through.

"Two, locations sign?" You speak.

"Ghost online, second floor, out"

"Soap online, lower floor, over"

"Bravo six, north rooms, over"

"Life two callsign bud, copy" you say glancing at Kendrick.

"Copy"

"Copy"

"Copy"

"Caltex offline" you finish, flicking the mic up. Kendrick following your moves.

"Your callsign is bud" you say to him, watching ahead with intense focus. "You hear someone say bud and you answer, understood?"