62 - Not so chatty?

"You ordered off the kids menu." you say back to Soap with a scowl. 

"So did you-" he says matching your defensive tone. 

"...Yeah but mine is more sophisticated." you mutter, narrowing your eyes across the table at him. 

"What?- Ghost if-"

"Nope." Ghost says cutting Soap off. 

"Gaz, who's is more mature?" Soap asks, turning to Gaz who side eyes him, finishing his mouthful. 

"You want me to decide which one of you two picked a more 'adult like' meal from the kids menu?" he says slowly, waiting for either of us to catch on to the stupidity of the situation. 

"Yes." you say with a nod. 

"What's the difference?" he asks, looking between you both. 

"She got chicken nuggets I got chicken tenders." Soap reports, his voice one of faked professionalism. 

"Ignoring the fact, it's my birthday." you add for fair results. 

Gaz takes a moment weighing the options before nodding towards Soap. "I'd say chicken tenders, sorry Rook." he says as Soap gives you a smug look of victory. 

You glare back at him before frowning, "Okay and factoring in my birthday?" 

"Well chicken nuggets is clearly the more mature option." Gaz says with a chuckle. I smile at Soap who shakes his head. 

"That doesn't count." he says. You nudge him under the table, and he looks across at you with a cautious look before he returns it, initiating a kicking fight under the table while you both try to appear normal on the surface. 

"Somebody just fucking kicked me." Ghost growls, his eyes narrowing into a sharp glare as you and Soap pause. You look beside you at Keegan who grins, and you give an uncertain smile back. 

***

You turn to Price, his arm on the bar countertop as you sit, offering a smile. "This isn't too much right?" he asks slowly. "Just that, I know you've been doing so well with limiting your alcohol intake at night. I don't want to, stump your progress" he says with a warm smile. 

Your eyebrows furrow, etched with appreciation. "I'm okay Price, I'm just taking it slow." you say, giving him a grin to reassure him as he nods, asking for a refill as he pats your shoulder, standing up straight. 

"You're not joining the others?" he asks, glancing over his shoulder as you look past him at the rest of the team playing pool. 

"Don't really play." you say with a small smile. 

"Always good for a chat." he says thanking the bartender as he takes his drink. "C'mon" he smiles, heading back over as you follow. 

Price is swept into conversation with Alejandro and Gaz while Ghost and Soap play pool, taking drinks between each turn. You're watching, not fully understanding the fascination with the game. 

You feel a nudge and greet Keegan with a nod, you haven't been paying much attention to how much drinks everyone has had but it's been over a few hours. He doesn't sway, keeps steady but his eyes are bloodshot, and pupils are starting to dilate.

"Are you good?" you ask.

"Yeah yeah." he says nodding while raising his bottle slightly. He looks around as you smile before grabbing your arm. "Let's play." he says, taking you towards the dart board across the room that's unoccupied.