82 - Torturous

You scowled, grabbing Ghosts wrist and prying it from the headphones on your head. He smiled, you hated that, always smiling when he made you scowl. You pushed the headphones off around your neck and huffed. 

"What did you say to me?" you asked, trying to speak with a demanding tone that faltered as he shifted his stance. 

"You didn't hear me?" he says with a cocky undertone and a smug smirk as he starts walking towards the entrance to base. 

You follow behind him, jogging slightly to catch up with him. "Obviously not." you muttered. 

He glanced at you from the corner of his eye and shrugged with a small hum and a prompt, "Good." 

"Ghost c'mon, don't do that, one thing, anything at all." you say, grabbing his arm to slow his pace. 

"Well.." he mumbled, thinking over in his head. "I said you were torturous." he shrugs. "Take it how you want." he adds with another look in your direction, met with a confused expression. 

"Well that could be taken many ways." you grunt, walking through the door he holds open, turning to wait for him and continuing when he falls back into step with you. 

"I said take it how you want rookie." he says lightly, an odd tone for him, now that you look closer its a small but noticeable difference to him. You can't pinpoint it, but he looks a lot more relaxed. 

His stride, his shoulders aren't so tense and his breezy attitude isn't something you see a lot, especially after a mission. You keep silent, unsure how to perceive his words, it could mean anything but then, the word itself. 

Torturous? 

Another way to say annoying? Irritable? You followed up the steps beside him deep in thought as you scattered around desperately for an answer in your mind. "All you ever do is confuse me." you say without much thought. 

He pauses for a slight second before reaching the top of the stairs, he stops watching you in quiet observation. You come to stand in front of him, "Or maybe I'm just not getting something?" you add. 

He clears his throat before giving another shrug, "No .. I know I do, I'm uh." he scraps his throat again with a small clearing cough. "Just don't think too much into it rookie." he says before continuing on. 

"Hurry up, I don't want to miss the meeting." he says picking up speed in his step. 

"You didn't have to stay with me down there." you grumble, jogging to catch up once again. 

"The meetings not that important." he said back, barely letting you finish your sentence. You furrow your brows, looking at him like he'd gone crazy. 

"Didn't you just say t-"

"Shut up." he says looking down at you alongside him. You're about to protest after a collective moment to take in his words but he's quick to shut you up again with a sharp hush. 

You scowl, folding your arms and once again catching sight of the stupid grin under his balaclava. 

***

Despite the time you'd spent away from the meeting to avoid the lengthy time it still went on for more than an hour. The topic was based around the obvious, Olivia and Ella. Their situation was odd but after more research it was found to be true. 

After more thought they were deemed as untrustworthy but could earn trust throughout their time in 141's care. They were placed in 'cells' on a lower floor, nothing comfortable but provided shelter, food and a safe place to sleep.