69 - 'Discussable'

You were right to have taken the files, that night in your dorm you read them, studied them and couldn't help but feel a little proud for grabbing them.

They contained details on the two captured hostages as well as things they had found out or already knew about Specgru as a whole, few patrol timesheets that were set to be intercepted. Seems they were making an advancing move.

The stubbornness and refusal from the hostages made the process a lot harder, not getting a lot out of them. The thing that was noted between the two militaries was, you had loyal soldiers, they didn't.

In the meeting earlier that day, Laswell and Price had explained what the hostages had said but cautioned that not everything could be true and that things were going to be missions planned out. There was other simple information, gathered by other ranks.

It was more of a catch up, recapping information and categorizing the new intel. Things were still far from complete, but the team was no longer stuck in place when figuring how to deal with this threat.

The folder was mostly printed reports and listed observations, you noticed a pattern between few of their tactics and it was a lot to get through. You had tried to go talk to Ghost about it, but he was busy organizing low rank missions to send out for Laswell.

You checked the time, [11:09pm] you stood up, taking the folders you had read and walking towards the door. You found yourself at Ghosts door, reaching for the handle and pausing. You raised your hand, giving a sharp few knocks.

The door opened a moment later, met with a stressed looking Ghost. His gaze dropped to yours as you took him in, he made even the simplest of clothes look good. Lose black sweats that hung from his hips and a dark blue compression shirt that hugged his figure.

His dorm was lit dimly, not doing much for the ambience in the room but doing him favors, the way the shadows hit his muscles, accentuating them in the most distracting way. "We both know my eyes are up here rookie." he says, amusement in his voice.

You clear your throat, lifting your eyes away but not looking at him as you hold up the papers in a silent gesture as to why your here. "Found something interesting?" he asks, his voice is a little deeper than usual, a tiredness shining through.

"We can talk tomorrow if you're tired sir." you say, meeting his eyes.

He shakes his head, leaning on the door frame slightly. An effortless action, unintentional and yet, making your eyes want to wonder. "Not tired, just a strained throat, some low ranks really can't hear shit." he mutters, his annoyance filtering through as he mentions them.

His eyes fall to yours once more and he steps to the side, allowing you past. You duck under his arm that holds the top of the door before hearing it close behind you. "I haven't got through it all yet, but these are, discussable?" you say.

He hums, it's a chesty hum from behind you. "You can sit down." he says passing you, a hand faintly sliding past your waist as he does, so light it doesn't take a second before you start to doubt if it even happened.

You stutter over your reply like an idiot before just shutting up, taking a hasty seat on the coffee table, shifting through the papers as you mentally scold yourself, trying to keep it together. Something about the atmosphere is making you feel funny.

You hear an exhale of amusement from him as he passes into the kitchen, "Want a drink?" he asks, looking back at you. The soft glow of the open refrigerator light reflects back on him, doubling the effect of his appearance in the moment.

You shake your head, feeling yourself swallow trying to get rid of your suddenly dry throat. He grabs himself one and your eyes drop as he closes the fridge, the soft yellow glow of the lamps illuminating the area faintly.