23 - 'Tag? ... tag.'

"Rookie" Your eyes fluttered open to the meet the new day. A slightly grey but otherwise sunny day. Price was shaking your shoulder gently and Soap stood behind.

They looked like two kids trying to wake their mother up. You sat up, rubbing your eyes as Soap tapped Prices shoulder.

Price turned and Soap whispered something to him, and he nodded turning to you.

"There's no food" He reported.

"And were hungry" Soap said to price.

"And were hungry" Price repeated for him with a sigh.

You smiled and sat up, stretching your arms.

"We have popcorn" you said.

"No one wants popcorn for breakfast" Price commented.

....

You pursed your lips and stood up, trying your best to ignore the headache pounding inside your head. You wrapped the blanket over your shoulders as you walked past them.

"I'll head to the store then" You mumbled, walking with them following you back to the open area. You noticed the sun was quite high up.

"What's the time?" You asked price.

"11:40am" He replied.

You stared at him "You let me sleep so long?" You frowned as you turned back to face the window.

"Well first of all we couldn't find you" Soap said.

"We thought you were upstairs, and you didn't want us up there" He added.

"And we also did more work on the mission that was required, then Soap got hungry, and Ghost said you weren't upstairs, so we went to search for you and found you" Price explained.

"Where is Ghost?" You asked looking around.

"Shower" Soap reported.

You nodded slowly as you double checked the pantry and cupboards.

"Believe us Rookie, there's no food Soap has been checking like something will appear magically" Price laughed.

"Well, what am I expect in this house? Have you seen the lighting panel??" Soap defended.

"It's fine I'll head to the shops as I said" you mumbled.

You felt sick, a burning feeling at the back of your throat and your head hurt. You felt tired, despite the amount of sleep you'd had. It'd always been that way, the more sleep you got the more tired you were. You didn't understand it either.

Being home still left your stomach in knots, tightening at every familiar sight. Unfortunately, the whole place was recognizable, untouched. Put on pause when you'd left that night, resumed now that you were back. It almost tickled, the feeling in your stomach.

But it hurt too, made you feel anxious but crushed at the same time. You were doing this for the team, unspoken battles stayed inside of you not needing to be shared. You folded the blanket and threw it over the couch as you looked around, hands on hips.

"Who wants what?" You spoke.

"What is there?" Soap asked, you sighed. "Food"

"What kind of food"

"Food you eat" you replied.

You inhaled deeply, eyes drifting up the set of stairs. You'd have to go up and change.

"How long are we here for?" You asked price checking to see if he had any more information on the topic.

"It's looking to be about a few days, they're wanting us to keep surveillance on the enemy team due to the fact they keep moving locations."