55 - 2 is better than 1

"So, you all knew, and you didn't bother to tell me??" you say standing up from your chair and scowling at the team. 

Keegan raises his hands in an innocent stance, and you stop your eyes roaming to give him a glare. "What?, I wasn't even there" he defends as Alejandro elbows him. 

"Sit down rookie, I'm sure there's a good reason as to why" Laswell says. 

You sigh, slumping back down in your chair and folding your arms. The days were getting hotter, and the meeting room's windows were all open, the sounds of military training and everyday activities in the background. 

"There is a perfectly good reason as to why we didn't let you know rook" Price says, standing beside Laswell as he offers you a smile to which you narrow your eyes at. 

"Jasper requested we keep it from you, he said that information like that could stump your focus on the mission" Price says. 

"And you listened to him?? - he's not even on your team, I am." you say sitting up with an accusing finger pointed at Jasper. 

"Well, leading up to the mission we took note of few specifics in your behavior, your reactions to certain situations and how they had effect on your work ethic, don't get us wrong rook, you're a highly capable and advanced solider" Price says as you purse your lips. 

"If you're trying to ease the situation with compliments and flattery it's not working" you huff to which he chuckles. 

"It's an honest statement rook, we all considered telling you, but we stopped and thought, you were fairly new to the team and other than displaying a lack of emotional availability you had daunting outbursts to few things, helicopters, heights in general." he says trying to be careful with his words. 

"We needed you kept sharp for the mission, you had a big role, and we didn't want you distracted, as Jasper said you would be." You shoot a glare at Jasper who averts his gaze from you and shifts a little. 

"No no, his word was more confirming for us rookie, we noticed that you tended to get lost in thought or zone out, often fiddling or toying with something. You are easily distracted, attention drawn to something usually unrelated to objectives at present." Price says, taking the blame from Jasper.

You look down at the table, your facial expression softening. You'd never really spoken openly about your ADHD so it wasn't their fault, it'd be unfair to blame something they weren't even aware about. 

"You struggle to keep your attention on one thing for a long period of time, you have small fixations that.., well, there really the most odd and unexplainable thing at times" Price says with a smile.

"With what we knew about you at the time, we wanted to proceed with caution, we didn't want to make anything .. worse for you or, ..upset you" he continues on, choosing his words wisely. 

Usually you'd say something defensive, but he was right, you'd had a rocky start to the team. Getting the worst of it in the first week, maybe if your first mission was by road things could've been different. 

Your emotional outbursts had been rough and unpredictable that week, your anger being the reason you were here in the first place. You'd gotten drunk, had a breakdown boarding the helicopter, found the truth behind your father's death. 

You'd been holding it all in for so long, not allowing yourself to mourn in fear of seeming weak. In reality you'd just holed yourself up inside to the point of burst. "We didn't have time to read over your file before the mission was issued, it's been a busy few weeks" Price says. 

"We're sorry we didn't tell you and even more so that we left you in the dark about it for so long after the mission, if you'd simply reminded us, this wouldn't have been such a shock to you" Price says, his tone genuine.