2

Advertisement
The Green Lotus Peasant Girl
Chapters List
Chapter 2: Confrontation

The man's eyes were both anxious and joyous as he looked at her. "Qinghe, is your injury okay?"

Li Qinghe's eyes moved from his slender legs to his anxious eyes, and was startled when she saw joy in his eyes. She quickly replied, "It's not a big problem, I’ll simply take a rest to recuperate."

Seeing her lower her head again, Zhou Chengkang calmed down, and turned his face away before tentatively asking, "What did the Xu family say? Did their family agree to the marriage proposal?"

The matter of proposing marriage was of her previous life. This time, even if Xu's mother was interested, Li Qinghe wouldn’t accept it at all. Where would there be any talk of marriage?

... Those two short questions revealed too much news.

Li Qinghe was shocked. If it were not for her head being down, the expression on her face would’ve shown how extremely surprised she was. It took a long time before she barely managed to calm down.

Zhou Chengkang wanted to get close to her, but he was afraid of scaring her. He was entangled with an anxious heart, and barely restrained himself before continuing, "Qinghe, there are some things that you don't know. The Xu family is not a good place to go to. That Xu Changjie is gentle and elegant on the surface but in reality he is cold-blooded and ruthless. He already has a sweetheart, it’s just that the girl's parents do not agree to their marriage. If you don't believe it, I will show you!"

This was surprising. Could it be that Xu Changjie was already secretly together with Yang Lanrou?

"What do you think?" Li Qinghe asked slowly.

Listening to her answer, Zhou Chengkang heaved a sigh of relief. "When your injury gets better, I will take you to town to see it with your own eyes... It's just that you are recovering from your injury right now. If the Xu family sends Xiăodìng, don't take it if you trust me!"

Li Qinghe responded and said in a low voice, "I just recuperated recently and will not see outsiders."

Zhou Chengkang was satisfied. He took out a 100ml ointment from his sleeves, and handed it over carefully before nervously saying, "I bought this from the medical center in town. I heard that it has a miraculous effect on scars. Would you like to try it?"

Li Qinghe stretched out her hand and took it cautiously, as if receiving a heart she held it up carefully.

Zhou Chengkang was satisfied. Out of the corner of his eyes, he caught Father Li's unkind gaze and said hurriedly, "Then I'll go back first. See you tomorrow."

Li Qinghe sent him to the gate of the yard and watched him go away.

Zhao Wanwan came over and whispered, "Sister, your injury is not good, my mother told you to go back and rest." When she said this, she was very nervous for fear that Qinghe would become angry.

Li Qinghe didn't like her stepmother before, because she felt that she had forced her mother away. The marriage between Li Fu and his original wife, Xǔ, was like a drama. Li Fu and the Qian family’s daughter grew up together in the same village. After they were a little older, both youths held sentimental feelings, and only waited for the elders to start negotiating when they got older.

But can everything in the world be satisfactory?

The Qian family had a younger son who was a decade younger than her. The Qian family had first given birth to a daughter, and they had asked and worshipped Buddha before they got a son. Naturally, they spoiled him a lot. After he got a little older, they sent him to school. But the farmer thought, how is it easy to provide for a scholar?