76

It had to be said that Li Qinghe was very happy after hearing her father say these words.

Although he should subsidize Li Fu for old age but he didn't want to use the money that Li Qinghe helped him with on Zhao Wanwan. He had clear thoughts on this.

The rest of the way, Mrs. Qian was quite silent. When they entered the forest, the sharp-eyed Zhou Chengkang saw a flash of color passing at the side. Carrying a bow and arrow, he chased after it but not before he instructed Li Qinghe, "Qinghe, wait for me here."

Li Fu recently followed his son-in-law every time he went hunting to see his actions, this moment also he couldn't help but chase after him.

Only Mrs. Qian and Li Fu were left on the spot.

Li Qinghe found a place to sit down. The pheasant ran fast, and it would take them a while to catch it, and they should be back after some time.

"Do you hate me?" Mrs. Qian looked at her and asked.

"I don't hate you." Li Qinghe said casually.

Mrs. Qian didn't believe her, "I took your mother's position, so why wouldn't you hate me?"

"I have nothing against you." Li Qinghe raised her eyes to look at her, "When did I intentionally upset you?"

Mrs. Qian was dumbfounded. She didn't dwell on this subject and instead said, "If your father takes care of Wanwan and Yanxi, it will also be good for him. After Yanxi becomes a scholar, he will certainly not forget your father's help."

"You can't even rely on your daughter, but you still want to rely on your son-in-law, where did you get the confidence?" Li Qinghe sneered,

"My father will be supported by me, and he will not lack his share of filial piety. Similarly, if my father is willing to take care of them, then it is his business. If he does not want to, and you still want to make things difficult for him, then I will not let you go."

Her words were embarrassing but Mrs. Qian understood them, "You mean, you don't approve of them coming back to live either?"

As soon as the words were spoken, the father-in-law and son-in-law duo returned. Li Fu was carrying a colorful pheasant in his hand and said with a smile, "Chengkang said to keep this chicken for himself."

Li Qinghe smiled and said, "It's good."

Mrs. Qian stopped talking. She seemed to be deliberately silent. Occasionally, when Li Fu asked her a question, she didn't answer either. From one look, everyone could tell that she was angry at the moment.

After being ignored twice by her when Li Fu tried to talk to her, he also stopped talking to her as well. After cutting the wood, they descended the mountain to go home. When they reached the foot of the mountain, Li Qinghe said, "Father, do you want to eat pheasant meat? Eat it before you go back home."

Li Fu smiled and answered yes. While Mrs. Qian didn't look back and went directly in the direction of the village.

When she left, Li Qinghe didn't call her, and Zhou Chengkang ignored her. Li Fu looked at her back, snorted, carried the firewood, and walked in the other direction with his daughter.

Li Qinghe had good cooking skills and the pheasant stew she made was good. Zhou Chengkang also took out the wine and they drank and chatted until it was getting late outside. When they were finished eating, Li Fu set off to go home. He refused to take the firewood with him stating he didn't want to carry them.

Li Fu was a bit drunk and the two of them definitely didn't feel at ease with him going back alone. Zhou Chengkang sent him back home and even put him on the bed before returning.