110

After such an incident occurred during the New Year's eve, everyone's mood was affected.

When they returned to their house, it was just the three of them. Yu Yan and Min Rui went to her parent's house.

"Are you hungry? Should I cook some delicious noodles for you?" Zhou Chengkang asked her with a smile.

When one is in a bad mood, eating delicious food makes them feel better. But the two just ate dinner at the Zhou's and were not hungry at all. Zhou Chengkang was drinking before the incident happened as well.

"I'm not hungry right now." Li Qinghe shook her head.

Zhou Chengkang dragged her to the kitchen, "You're not hungry now but you'll be hungry by the time the noodles are ready to be eaten."

That was true. It would take quite some time to prepare the noodles.

Li Qinghe took Xiyu along with her to light the firewood. The sun was about to set and the room was getting chillier. With the fire burning from the stove, they would not feel that cold. The mother and son sat near the stove and watched Zhou Chengkang knead the dough for noodles.

The family occasionally chatted with each other. By the time the noodles were ready, it was already dark outside. The family of three sat around the table in the warm room. The noodles mixed with Li Qinghe's fried bacon smelled fragrant and looked delicious. The three chatted and laughed from time to time while eating the noodles. The atmosphere was filled with warmth.

When they were eating happily, someone knocked on their door. Zhou Chengkang got up, but Li Qinghe held him down, "I'll go to check instead."

When she opened the door, she saw that it was the Zhou family. She guessed that the eldest brother Zhou had come to apologize.

"Qinghe, what were you doing? Why did it take you so long to open the door?" Mrs. Zhou was about to enter while talking to her, but Li Qinghe stopped her, "We were having dinner."

Mei Hua stepped forward with a smile, "We also haven't eaten yet."

Mei Hua spoke first, which meant that she was willing to give in first.

Though she was willing to give in, why should Li Qinghe also follow the same?

"It's not the mood for us to celebrate New Year's Eve together today. Let's talk about it some other day." After she finished speaking, she raised her hand and was about to close the door.

"Hey, what do you mean by that?" Mei Hua stepped forward, "We are a family. It's fine if you forgot to prepare food for us. We will not care about such things considering that we are a family. But why won't you let us come in?"

"Why would I let you come in?" Li Qinghe sneered, "Don't you know? Others may come inside my house today, but you and your family are never welcomed in my house starting today."

"Qinghe, we are all family. Your elder brother-in-law was indeed a bit impatient and said some wrong words. But it was because he was anxious that his child was missing. Don't think too much about it. I especially brought them here, and asked your elder brother-in-law and sister-in-law to apologize to you." Mrs. Zhou had a flattering smile on her face as she spoke. Li Qinghe felt a little sour in her heart but this time she didn't intend to give in. She still blocked the entrance and said, "Mother, we can talk about it on another day. We are having dinner and I don't want to make everyone feel uncomfortable on New Year's Eve."

As soon as she finished speaking, she raised her hand and closed the door again.

The door was closed but she could hear Mei Hua speak from outside, "You are too shameless. How can you shut the door in our mother's face?"

Green Lotus Peasant Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें