46

Zhou Chengkang could return to Li's house at noon but he usually does not. He would typically randomly settle his meal on the mountains. In fact, the both of them have been rather busy and did not have proper rest ever since they got married.

Li Qinghe didn't go home either. She pushed the door and entered, and asked with a smile, "Wanwan, when did you come back?"

Zhao Wanwan smiled sweetly. Li Qinghe noticed she even applied powder on her face when she approached nearer, which she looked more delicate/refined, "I just arrived. I was even about to invite you here and then I saw you passing by. Sister, I wasn’t there when you got married. Sorry!”

"It’s alright." Li Qinghe waved her hand, "Where’s Father?"

"He’s managing the crops in the backyard." Zhao Wanwan pointed to the back and pulled Li Qinghe into the door. "Sister, let me tell you, the city is really prosperous. There are many delicious and fun things, especially fabrics and jewelry. There are so many. If I had silvers, I would buy at least eight to ten of it."

"Are these new? They are beautiful." Li Qinghe said sincerely.

Zhao Wanwan smiled somewhat contentedly, "My husband bought them for me."

"That’s good." Li Qinghe suppressed her curiosity. She was actually curious about where he got the money. Earlier, the Hu family wanted the Li family to send a betrothal gift to cover the trip’s expenses. So she asked casually,"Will you still be working in town?"

Zhao Wanwan smiled and said, "I’ll be going tomorrow."

Oh, it seemed that they didn’t have much money. If they really got rich, why would she still need to work?

“I still want to go to the city next year.” Zhao Wanwan was excited, “Sister, let’s go together then.”

"I'm not going." Li Qinghe shrugged, "I’ve too much work at home."

After entering the house for a long time, except for Zhao Wanwan, Li Qinghe did not see anyone else. She was curious and asked, "Is brother-in-law back?"

"No, he found a new teacher in the city. That teacher has groomed a lot of scholars. Almost in every ranking that was published, his students would be amongst them.” Zhao Wanwan's eyes were bright, "My husband was close this year. I’m certain he’ll get it next year."

"Congratulations." Li Qinghe turned to leave, planning to go to the backyard to see Li Fu. Zhao Wanwan followed her, "I bought meat. Stay for dinner later."

She thought Li Qinghe was going home, "I’m checking out on Father."

In the backyard, Li Fu was sowing seeds. When he saw the sisters coming, his expression eased, "You sisters have not seen each other for a long time. You should have a good chat."

Li Qinghe took the seeds in his hand, "I’ll help you."

Zhao Wanwan stood by the side. Her clothes were pretty, but not suitable for her to work. Standing by the side, watching the two people, she thought for a while before suddenly saying, "Sister, can you lend me some money?"

"No." Li Qinghe not only didn't ask the reason, but even rejected without lifting her head.

Zhao Wanwan was surprised, "You didn’t even ask me what I’d do with it?"

"What else could it be?" Li Qinghe laughed. "You have said that the city is prosperous and expensive. My brother-in-law is still living there. Just a little money is not enough." After the seeds were sowed, Li Qinghe walked out of the field and asked with a smile, "Actually, I don't understand. Since the helpers in the city are paid much higher, why did you return?”