102

She sued her son and didn't want to find another way to recover the money. This was to force Yang Lanrou to feel sorry for her husband and then find a way to pay back the money.

Mrs. Xu was really a ruthless person.

In fact, she was more ruthless than anyone else.

Many people in the village felt that that move was too vicious. The money was stolen to save the Yang family's son and now that Xu Changjie was in jail, they must find a way to save him. If they don't repay, not to mention the decline of the Yang family's reputation, Yang Lanrou would also have to live the life of a widow. And if Mrs. Xu didn't let her back in, then what was the difference between this and being sent back to her maternal home?

The Yang family once again tried to raise money by borrowing. But no one was willing to lend them money this time. Even when he offered to pay 50 percent interest, no one agreed.

The truth was that the Yang family owed too much money. It was just like what Li Qinghe said, even if they wrote an IOU for 100 taels, what was the use of it if they can't pay it back?

On this day, it was raining and Li Qinghe had rare free time. So she took her son to Yu Yan's house. The two of them didn't have much land. Yu Yan was responsible for embroidery and Min Rui was responsible for taking care of their child. The child was one year old and when playing with someone energetic like Xiyu who liked to run around, an adult was required to supervise.

Min Rui was very patient and ran back and forth under the eaves with the two children.

Li Qinghe stitched the clothes with a needle and thread. After getting married, she rarely had time to embroider. The two were talking about the fun stories of their children when they heard someone knocking on the door.

Yu Yan ignored it, and it didn't take long for Min Rui to bring in a thin woman.

- Yang Lanrou.

Yang Lanrou's eyes were swollen and she looked haggard. When she entered the house, she was a little surprised to see Li Qinghe there.

On the other hand, Li Qinghe got up and said, "Since you have a guest, I'm going back."

Yu Yan stretched out her hand to pull her back and gave her a blank look, "Why are you going back? How is she a guest? She will soon. It's rare for you to come here and now you want to run away?"

Yang Lanrou, who was said to be leaving in a while, had already burst into tears, "Qinghe, since you're also here, you can listen as well."

Min Rui had already retreated and closed the door. Yu Yan lightly hummed and said, "Min Rui lets anyone inside the house."

Yang Lanrou's face turned pale. She had been running around a lot these days to ask people for help, and still, Yu Yan was the first one to be outright disgusted by her and displayed it clearly to her face. Even if the others didn't lend her money, they at least said some comforting words. Many couples even quarreled because of her.

"If you have something to say, say it and leave when you're done." Yu Yan urged. Watching tears fall more fiercely, Yu Yan was annoyed, "What are you doing coming here to cry? Don't you know that you can't go to villagers' homes to cry?"

Yang Lanrou, who was accused, wiped her tears and said, "Yu Yan, I know you hate me because I married Changjie…"

Yu Yan raised her hand, "I hate you, not because of who you married. It's because you have an unpleasant nature as if the men under the sky should be accommodating to you. Why?"

"Do you think it is easy to find a man who is not charmed by you?" Yu Yan glanced at her, "You came here to deliver buns and water every three days. Do you dare to say that you didn't come here to seduce him?"