26

Advertisement
The Green Lotus Peasant Girl
Chapters List
Chapter 26: Home

When Li Qinghe brought the tea to the living room, she found that Mrs. Hu's attitude was much better than the last time. Mrs. Hu praised Zhao Wanwan continuously as if she were satisfied with her in every way.

Li Qinghe didn't know what happened during this period, which caused Mrs. Hu's attitude to change suddenly.

Ms. Hu didn't forget to smile and thank Li Qinghe for the teacup when she handed it to her. She then looked at Mrs.Qian and said, "I will bring Granny Xi to set a wedding date tomorrow if that is convenient for you. The wedding date should be before the New Year, so that our Hu family will have one more person to celebrate the New Year, and not just us, mother and son sitting together without talking."

Seeing Zhao Wanwan's face become flushed with embarrassment, Mrs. Qian was also very pleased. "Oh yes, we're free tomorrow. I'll let Wanwan's father know to stay home."

When Mrs. Hu heard her mention Li Fu, she stopped smiling and returned to talking about marriage gifts.

It wasn't appropriate for Zhao Wanwan to stay there and listen to their talks.

Li Qinghe poured some tea in a kettle and left to go to the field.

After walking some distance, Li Qinghe found Zhao Wanwan following her. She was surprised, "Are you going out too?"

Zhao Wanwan smiled sweetly, "I'll stay with you, I'm embarrassed to stay there now."

Li Qinghe asked with a smile, "Are you very happy?"

"I thought the marriage would not be settled, but I didn't expect them to change their minds." said Zhao Wanwan.

When Li Qinghe heard her, she became silent and after a while, she finally said, "Do you not wonder what made them change their minds? Maybe…." She didn't continue her words. If I say anything more, it would seem like I don't want Zhao Wanwan to live a better life.

Zhao Wanwan said confidently,"There won't be any problems. Mrs. Hu and her son are here, and they seem to be quite happy. It should be fine. Don't worry, sister."

In the end, Li Qinghe was still misunderstood.

With the conscience of heaven and earth [1], Li Qinghe is really kind to remind her that she really doesn't envy the Hu family's marriage proposal to her.

Li Qinghe stopped talking further. Zhao Wanwan was very excited and continued, "After getting married and moving to the town, I would like to spend more time with my eldest aunt, and if I can help with the work next time, I will."

Li Qinghe: "..." Girl, you think a lot.

Fortunately, they were not far from the farm. When Li Qinghe arrived with the tea, both Li Fu and Zhou Chengkang were busy at work.

"There is still some tea left here, why did you bring it over now?" Li Fu spoke gently to Li Qinghe, perhaps because Zhou Chengkang came to help with the work. His words were meant to indicate that Li Qinghe should come over later when the sun had set.

He saw Zhao Wanwan on the side and frowned, "It's just delivering some tea, why are you both here?"

Zhao Wanwan's face suddenly turned red as she said, "It's not appropriate for me to stay at home at this time."

After hearing this, Li Fu was puzzled.

"The ‌Hu‌ ‌family‌ ‌is‌ ‌here‌ ‌today.‌ ‌Just as we were leaving, we heard Aunt Hu say that she will bring Granny Xi to propose the marriage." As Li Qinghe spoke, her voice was monotone and her face expressionless.