49

Li Qinghe clenched her teeth and began to descend the mountain. After two rounds, she felt her calves begin to tremble, but the person on her back didn't say a word for so long as she lay in pain and breathed heavily.

Li Qinghe was feeling a little scared in her heart. There were so many emergencies, such as appendicitis, which caused acute stomach pain. It can be fatal if the pain is severe. When they were young, Li Qingmiao and she were good friends, and they are sisters-in-laws now. Among all her sisters-in-laws, Li Qinghe had the best relationship with Li Qingmiao. Li Qinghe could not help but whisper, "Qingmiao, you are much heavier than the bundle of firewood I just carried."

It took a long time before Li Qinghe heard her say, "I told you to address me as a second sister-in-law...You compare me to firewood."

Li Qinghe smiled and listened to the person behind her from time to time as she walked quickly and steadily.

It took them a quarter of an hour before they reached the foot of the mountain. Li Qinghe's feet were already trembling. As she was pondering where to put Li Qingmiao down, she saw Zhou Chengkang and Second Brother Zhou coming over. After noticing the two of them in this condition, they rushed over and asked, "What's wrong?"

The moment Second Brother Zhou lifted the person from her back, Li Qinghe took a deep breath. After seeing that Li Qingmiao had closed her eyes, she said hurriedly, "She fell, and said her stomach hurts."

As soon as the four people returned to Zhou's house, they boarded the carriage, and within two-quarters of an hour, they were at the hospital.

"She is suffering from miscarriage symptoms" After the doctor had checked Li Qingmiao's pulse, she said in an angry tone, "How can she do heavy work and fell on top of that...Let's check if she can keep the baby."

The three of them were stunned. In the past two days, Li Qingmiao was almost catching up with the two brothers carrying firewood, energetically walking around. Who could have guessed that she was pregnant?

"I beg the doctor to hurry up and prescribe medicine for us." The Second Brother looked at the pale-faced Li Qingmiao and said, "Please dispense the medicine, I have silver!"

After the medicine was prescribed, Li Qinghe carried it. After a long ride, the carriage slowed down considerably, and Li Qingmiao leaned her head against Second Brother Zhou's body, never waking up. She seemed to be asleep.

Li Qingmiao's mother and father were already waiting outside the village entrance. Their posture suggested that if they hadn't returned, they would have run to the town. "What's wrong?" They asked anxiously when they saw their daughter unconscious, "Where has she fallen?"

Li Qinghe turned sideways to let them get into the carriage and said, "She is suffering from miscarriage symptoms. The doctor prescribed medicine, told her to rest and eat something to nourish her body. I have a chicken over there, so I'll catch one and make her soup."

Hearing this, Mrs. Li looked surprised, " Is she pregnant?" After reacting, she said gratefully, "Qinghe, thank you."

In fact, Li Qinghe was a little nervous in her heart. They had been chopping wood together for a few days. Although all of them were working, Li Qingmiao accompanied her more. Because something had happened, she was afraid her parents would blame her for it. Of course, the sensible ones wouldn't. However, if she encountered unreasonable people, she could be blamed.

Soon, they reached Li Qingmiao's house. Having seen Second Brother Zhou bring the person in, the two of them returned to Zhou's house and went to the new house to pick up a rooster to deliver.

Li Qingmiao was already awake when she went to deliver the rooster. With a pale face, she held Li Qinghe's hand and said, "I didn't expect this to happen, did I scare you?"