97

When they were about to get into the carriage, they saw Zhao Wanwan standing near the courtyard gate.

She was wearing a pink dress and a wooden hairpin on her head which looked so familiar that it made Li Qinghe take a second look at it.

Zhao Wanwan reached out to touch her hairpin and smiled, "Sister, do you still remember this hairpin? When you bought it for me, I was so happy at that time that I couldn't bear to not wear it for all these years. I always felt that it was not an ordinary hairpin, but a rare token of my sister's affection for me."

Zhou Chengkang had already gotten on the carriage and reached out to help her get in, "Come up."

Li Qinghe nodded, put her hand in his hand, and with a slight effort, she was pulled onto the carriage.

Seeing that the carriage was about to leave, Zhao Wanwan became anxious and took a few steps forward to the carriage, "Sister, I want to go back to the village, can I come along with you?"

It was possible to take her. Not just her, as long as he encountered anyone from the village who needed a ride back, Zhou Chengkang was happy to take them.

When Zhao Wanwan saw that they didn't refuse, she climbed into the carriage by herself, and as soon as she entered the carriage, the horse trotted up.

Zhao Wanwan almost hit the carriage wall because she couldn't hold the wooden handle properly. After stabilizing herself, she realized that Li Qinghe was still sitting outside, so she asked, "Sister, aren't you coming in?"

"I feel stuffy inside, so I prefer to sit on the outside." Li Qinghe said casually.

Her attitude made it clear that she didn't just want to take a ride to the village with her. Li Qinghe was not stupid to go sit inside and get entangled with her.

The town was not far from the village and during that time. Zhao Wanwan tried to talk with her several times, but she ignored her.

Zhao Wanwan wanted to sit in front of them but it was not possible. Although two to three people can sit in front, they would have to squeeze together to sit. And also, since the carriage was going on the bumpy road’ it was better to sit behind than fall off from sitting in the front. So she didn't dare to sit in the front.

Soon they arrived at the entrance of the village. Except for what we said at the beginning before she got on the carriage, Zhao Wanwan couldn’t find another opportunity to talk to her.

There were a lot of people standing under the big tree near the entrance of the village. When they saw their carriage coming, they went up and surrounded it. The road was already narrow and with all these people surrounding the carriage, the carriage could not pass through. So Zhou Changkang had to stop the carriage.

"Qinghe, we have something to ask you." A familiar woman stepped forward and asked, “Can you come down so we can discuss it together?"

It was quite a rare sight that so many people were looking for them at the same time, so Li Qinghe was surprised and asked, "Auntie, what is it that you want?"

"We are all here to borrow silver from you." The woman was a bit embarrassed, "I just need three taels of silver. Seeing as it's going to be winter soon, I need to make or buy new coats and quilts."

Hearing that, Li Qinghe was really surprised. This kind of thing should be bought when the family had a surplus of silver to buy it. Borrowing silver to make new clothes and quilts was not something an average person would do.

What was even more surprising was that everybody agreed with her statement, "Yes, I also want to buy new clothes this year. My son is eighteen years old and I'm going to Tang Village next month to find a bride. We can't just pack up and go there…"