83

Chapter 83: Mr. Yang

Mrs. Xu didn't let her get into the carriage. Li Qinghe didn't know about it at first, Zhou Chengkang didn't know about this either. Both of them had surprised expressions on their faces.

Zhang Haiyao turned her head angrily to look at this side of the carriage, but after seeing their surprised expression, she once again turned angry at Mrs. Xu, "Then why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Mrs. Xu spoke in a gentle voice, "I also didn't know about it before. The coachman came today and told me that your father had specially instructed him to let you stay in the village and lead a good life. I was also surprised by this news. Originally, we agreed that I would inform you when the coachman arrived to pick me up, but I didn’t even ask anyone to inform you, before you pack your luggage and get ready to leave…The coachman was also embarrassed to tell you."

"If you have to go to the county, that's fine. Since I'm on my way there, I'll just drop you to the main entrance of the county. From there, you must find your own way home and pretend we didn't go there together. You know my status in your family, Haiyao. Please don't make things difficult for me, okay?"

As she spoke, Mrs. Xu's tone was very gentle, and at the end, her voice sounded a bit pleading. Zhang Haiyao's expression changed in the influence of the gentleness and she tightened the grip on her bag. She knew that if she went to Zhang's house by herself, entering the house would be very difficult for her.

Mrs. Xu looked at the sky, "Do you still wish to go? Hurry up and decide. It's a long way to the county, so we must hurry."

Over there, in the Zhou family courtyard, the child in third brother Zhou's arms suddenly cried out, "Mother ......"

Hearing the word 'mother', Zhang Haiyao came back to her senses. Looking at the tears on her child's face, she gritted her teeth and said, "I'm not going."

As soon as she finished saying these words, she rushed into the courtyard with her bag and took her child from the third brother's arms. She entered the house while coaxing her child.

Seeing this turn of events, Mrs. Zhou, who had been watching quietly from inside the house all this time, was also relieved.

The carriage in the front started moving again and Li Qinghe leaned back into her carriage. The road to the town was not far and they quickly passed through the town to reach the intersection that would lead to the county.

The carriage in front stopped yet again. Mrs. Xu stepped out of the carriage and stopped Li Qinghe from getting off from the carriage. She said while glancing at the child in her arms, "Don't come down. You have to be careful so that the baby doesn't catch a cold from the wind. Please live happily and don't make me worry about you. If something happens, you can always find me in the county. I have already told you the address of the…"

As she kept on nagging, tears pooled in her eyes. She reached out to wipe them, turned, and walked back into the carriage. As Li Qinghe looked from within the carriage, she noticed that her pace was fast in small steps, almost as if she was running. Mrs. Xu waved, "It's cold, you should go back." Her voice was shaking as if she was about to cry.

Bin'er also stuck his head out from the carriage and waved at them, while Li Qinghe sat in the carriage and watched them go further and further until they disappeared.

She didn't blink, tears pooled in her eyes as well. Zhou Chengkang stretched out his hand to cover it, "Don't look. It's a very cold day, we must head back now."

There was a little sadness in her heart from the parting. Because they had the child with them, they decided to not go to the market in the town and head back to the village instead. She was looking at a big tree at the entrance of the village, when Li Qinghe retracted her gaze and saw the child in her arms twitching the corners of his mouth. She was a little surprised that the child was smiling almost always. And every time she saw him smile, she would feel content in her heart. Suddenly, the little sadness in her heart dissipated.