40

Advertisement
The Green Lotus Peasant Girl
Chapters List
Chapter 40: Welcome

She took Li Qinghe's words for granted, but this time it was her turn to be speechless. It took a long time for her to say, "Haiya is your brother, so you're not worried about his future whatsoever?"

Li Qinghe said indifferently, "He has parents. I can't even take care of myself, how can I worry about others?"

While she sincerely hopes that he will be well, the time and love invested in him is not enough for her to help him. Further, given Mother Xu's temperament, he may not necessarily suffer. Mother Xu will certainly find a way to let Haiya study, if Zhang Haiyao was right about Haiya being talented in studying.

Zhang Haiyao looked at her and didn't know how to convince her.

The two walked silently for some time, then saw Zhou Chengkang's carriage approaching from a distance. Li Qinghe secretly breathed a sigh of relief, and soon returned home.

Li Fu has moved the furniture to the house and set it up.The furniture was made of highly durable wood, which Li Qinghe herself chose. Comparing it with Zhao Wanwan's style, it seems a few points less fancy, but one can tell from one glance that it would be a piece of furniture you could have for many years to come.

As she swept around at a glance, Mrs. Qian said, "It doesn't look good. With this kind of design, it is much easier to make. That is why they were done so fast." Her tone was one of disdain.

"You talk too much, hurry up and cook," Li Fu glared at her.

"Qinghe, come and help," Mrs. Qian turned around and left without even greeting her.

Li Qinghe agreed. She planned to change clothes in her room. Although she had no intention of helping with the cooking, helping to serve the dishes was also seen as assistance. Although she was capable of doing these tasks, she merely did not want to go along with Mrs. Qian's wishes, so that she could call on her whenever she wished and burden her with work.

While glancing in the direction of the kitchen, Li Fu hurriedly gave her a silver tael while pulling her sleeve, "Qinghe, keep it."

Li Qinghe was surprised, but she didn't take it, "Father, keep it for yourself."

"Take it." He said, "I don't want to let your Aunt Qian see it, I don't have any more silver to give to Wanwan."

Li Qinghe couldn't resist hooking up her mouth. Even though it was hard to have such a generous heart, she doesn't have to refuse it now. She will give it to him when he needs it in the future.

Gradually, the house where the dowry piled up became full, containing more and more items. Her wedding date finally arrived when the chickens she raised at the beginning had lost their yellow hair and were larger than the palm of her hand.

The wedding dress was embroidered by her, and all the quilts were embroidered by Yu Yan. Yu Yan embroiders well. Although it can't be said that it was the best quilt in Luoyue Town, no one has such a beautiful quilt in Wang Village.

Mrs. Qian was well behaved and also helped. The first day after Li Fu prepared the ingredients, Mrs. Qian invited many people close to her to help with the preparations.

Mrs. Qian didn't come looking for Li Qinghe, not only did she not look for her, but she also wiped her tears several times to demonstrate her dismay for her 'good' daughter.

Li Qinghe's dowry was the most important topic of discussion. One can tell that they spent a lot of silver just by looking at the pile of dowry in the house. Not to mention the pond and ten acres of land. In addition to raising fish, Li Qinghe was now also raising chickens. Those who were married to her would have also been married with a lot of things. The fourth child of the Zhou family should enjoy a very happy life after the wedding.