32

Advertisement
The Green Lotus Peasant Girl
Chapters List
Chapter 32: Farmer Girl, Qinghe

Yu Yan spotted Li Qinghe looking at the booklet, so she took two samples of embroidery and some fabric and went out with her. She laughed and whispered, "If you want to learn, I can teach you."

Li Qinghe replied, "Okay."

In fact, she felt she wasn't capable of doing such precise work, but she should learn some basics. No one in the village was good at embroidering.

Upon returning to the village, Li Qinghe carried the grain sack straight to Li Xingwang's house without taking it back home. Before she returned home, she agreed with them to start working from tomorrow.

In the yard, Zhao Wanwan was squatting beside the rabbit and was teasing it. Li Qinghe was inevitably reminded of Mrs. Xu's words when she saw Zhao Wanwan.

Even without a dowry, the Hu family would not dare to not marry her. Having a dad who isn't stingy is not a bad thing.

At present, Hu's family could actually be threatened by Zhao Tianfu. In the following years, the higher Hu Yanxi's position, the more concerned he will be with fame, and the more he will accommodate. Zhao Wanwan will then have a very happy life.

Zhao Wanwan looks pitiful, but in reality, through the help and care of her two fathers, her life was much better than her own.

As Zhao Wanwan heard some movement, she turned around and smiled, "It's so cute. Elder sister, shall we go hunting again?"

The next moment, she saw Li Qinghe holding the fabrics in her hands and asked her, "Sister, did you buy the fabrics? Is it for dowry?"

Humming, Li Qinghe turned a blind eye to the gaze of Zhao Wanwan which was directed at the fabrics, and walked into the house.

During dinner in the evening, Mrs. Qian smiled and said, "Qinghe brought the fabric back today. Is it for the dowry? Can you set aside some for your father? He hasn't made new clothing in two years."

Li Qinghe was speechless. Does Li Fu not making new clothes still have something to do with her?

Even so, the fabric can be given to Li Fu, "It's not a good fabric. My mom gave it to me. I'll have to cut out a few pieces."

Mrs. Qian already guessed that Mrs. Xu had given it to her. Who in their right mind would buy so much fabric? The entire Zhou family is making new clothes together, and they don't need to buy a single piece of fabric

Mrs. Qian didn't care much, "That's not bad, Wanwan..."

Li Fu glared at her, "Are you eating or not!"

The meal has to be eaten naturally. There was some rabbit meat leftover from yesterday.

Zhao Wanwan didn't utter a word and gnawed cheerfully with her head buried in the bowl. Then, after she finished eating, she stared at the bones on the table and said, "I wish I could hunt as well."

The next morning, Li Qinghe took a hoe and a knife and went into the field early to clear the wasteland.

As long as it doesn't rain, they can work in the fields. With her, Li Xingwang's family, and Zhou Chengkang, they still have quite a few people. They worked very hard all day, as they were not lazy.

Li Fu only came to see her occasionally, and Li Qinghe also understood that he had to clean their large land areas all by himself.

Furthermore, Li Kui must have to stab him with a few words every time he comes. Both Li Kui and Li Fu, the father, and son, find that they have to fight every time they meet, feeling that the other owes them something.