LAST CHAPTER

"Did you know that the Yang family from the town is going to move to our village?"

"From whom did you hear it?" Someone questioned.

"I heard it from my nephew. Zhao Dashan sold his house to the Yang family." A woman said.

Zhou Chengkang passed by the entrance of the village in his carriage and happened to hear this conversation. He knew about the Yang family but didn't pay much attention to the news.

He went straight to his house, but he didn't take the nearest route. Instead, he intentionally took a detour and went home along a different route that led to the Xu's family house. The road was wider and no one would suspect him of any ulterior motives. When passing by Xu's family house, he slowed down his carriage. He found the person he was longing to look for. Watching the young woman clean the yard, he felt relieved and in pain at the same time.

When he saw that the person had heard the sound of his carriage and raised her head to look over, Zhou Chengkang flicked his horsewhip, and the horse sped up and galloped away.

When he passed by their house the next day, he saw that the Yang family was moving into their next house. He noticed that Xu Changjie, who doesn't come back often after getting married, was helping the Yang family repair their fence yard and was extremely busy helping them. Zhou Chengkang's eyes turned cold as he saw this scene.

Seeing Xu Changjie, he actually went crazy with jealousy. It wasn't for anything else but just because he married the person he wanted to hold in his hands.

Because the Yang family's yard was quite old and had a dilapidated fence, it would take a lot of time to repair it. So in the following days, whenever he would pass by Xu's family house, he would always find Xu Changjie helping repair the fence. Occasionally the girl from the Yang family would wipe his sweat and serve him tea and water. The moment when they two looked at each other was seen by an outsider, one could tell just by a glance they were not just ordinary neighbors. There was something more between them.

Zhou Chengkang was filled with anger. He knew that Xu Changjie came back often to the village and he would need to go to the town every morning for his work. So, he deliberately went to town for several days until he accidentally "met" him.

Xu Changjie often traveled to and fro from village to town and often took rides from people with ox carriages or horse carriages. So, he didn't sit inside the carriage and sat with Zhou Chengkang outside.

"Brother Zhou, your cart can support raising a whole family," Xu Changjie praised him.

He still had a smile on his face. After all, he was taking a favor from the other person. Zhou Chengkang looked at him with a stern face and said seriously, "Recently, I heard that you have gotten close with the girl from the Yang family. Is there something going on between you two? Are you going to take a concubine?"

Of course, he wouldn't be so stupid to directly say that he should treat Li Qinghe better. It would not help instead it would be like pouring dirt on her.

Xu Changjie was surprised to hear him ask this question, "Why did Brother Zhou say that?"

Zhou Chengkang didn't pay attention to his question. Seeing that they had reached the entrance of the town, Xu Changjie got out of the carriage. He sneered and said, "I would like to give a piece of advice to Brother Xu. You should live your married life happily and not provoke other girls."

Xu Changjie looked at him in surprise, "Do you like Lanrou?"

Like her, my fart!

In his eyes, that delicate woman who called everyone 'brother' was actually very similar to the woman who receives customers in a brothel. The only difference between them was that one was selling her body while the other liked to be admired by everyone. The latter was even more disgusting.