52

When Mrs. Qian saw Li Fu coming out, her voice grew quieter and she cried. "If I have anything to do with him, I won't be able to marry you again. We are dealing with each other for Wanwan's sake."

As Li Fu watched her lower her head uncomfortably, he asked, "Do you mean I didn't take care of Wanwan?"

Suddenly, Ms. Qian realized that Li Fu, who was always easier to speak with, suddenly showed horns to her[1]. It just didn't make sense. "You take care of her. But sometimes you have to use extraordinary means, and you are too honest..."

"You used extraordinary means to have Wanwan marry into the Hu family. How is that going?" Li Fu asked.

As Mrs. Qian heard this, her face paled. In grief and indignation, she said, "At first, you only said that the Hu family was not a good match for her. You did not tell me not to let Wanwan marry him. Since something has happened, you are here to discuss it. Why didn't you stop it earlier? If I had known this was going to happen, I wouldn't have allowed Wanwan to marry......"

Li Fu raised his hand and interrupted her. "Do you think you have a clear conscience?"

"I have a clear conscience." Mrs. Qian stared at him with a serious expression.

"Well, I am uncomfortable right now, and I don't want to see you. Since there is nothing between you two, you go home first, and I'll come to get you when I've figured it out," Li Fu announced as he entered the house.

Despite all this, he still wanted her to go home.

It was not that Mrs. Qian didn't want to go to her maternal home. But as much as she was concerned that her father was home alone and wanted to go back to help him, it had to be with Li Fu's consent. She should not rush her back simply because he was angry at her now. Besides, there was another big reason.

Her father was too old and could no longer work in the field. Now he had to rely on his foster brother, Qian Laiman's father, for support. Due to her father's age, he was unable to prepare his meals, so they delivered his meals every day. It made sense for others to serve him, but why would they feed her?

In other words, she wouldn't even have food if she returned to her maternal home. Furthermore, since she was married to someone who lived in the same village, there was no room for her in that family. Where could she live?

"Brother Fu, then what do I eat when I go back?" She was frozen for a moment, but when she saw Li Fu enter the house, she chased after him. "I can't go to my big brother's house to eat, can I?"

"I have honored their two elders for so many years. Why can't they still serve you food for a few days?" Li Fu had already closed the door.

Seeing that, Li Fu no longer wanted to entertain his daughter, so Li Qinghe turned around to return back. But before leaving, she said, "It would be better if you returned that silver you lent to your brother earlier. My father does not ask for money, but if he becomes ill, I won't pay anything."

Mrs. Qian gritted her teeth in anger. "He's now in the county, why don't you ask him yourself?"

"Do you think I don't dare to ask?" Li Qinghe sneered. "I'm going to go to the county to sell fish in a few days. I just need to find him along the way. When I stand in front of his house, do you think he still has a clear name?"

Mrs. Qian was shocked.

In the evening after Li Qinghe made dinner, she considered sending some to Li Fu.

The courtyard of the Li family was pitch black, even the candle hadn't been lit. At first glance, it appeared that no one was at home. When Li Qinghe stepped inside, she saw Mrs. Qian crouching on her knees, looking very pitiful.