23

Advertisement
The Green Lotus Peasant Girl
Chapters List
Chapter 23: Hu Family

In the kitchen, Zhou Wanwan, who was preparing the food, was surprised when she heard her mother's words. She glanced at Li Fu outside and looked at Li Qinghe for help. When she didn't receive any response, she lowered her head aggrievedly.

She pretended not to notice her and went out with the dishes to set the dinner table.

Who is willing to help her?

Except for Li Fu!

As she walked out of the kitchen, she heard Li Fu expressing displeasure, “Wanwan is about to get engaged. The Hu family will be visiting shortly. What will happen if her complexion darkens? Forget it. If you do not want to help, I will handle it myself.”

“Why don't you ask the one from the Zhou family to help you?” When Li Qinghe entered the kitchen to get the steamed buns, she heard Mrs. Qian's voice.

What nonsense are you talking about! [1]

Li Qinghe was instantly offended by her words. Even if Zhou Chengkang was willing to assist, it should be he himself who volunteered. How could they ask Zhou Chengkang to do the work?

She lifted the curtain and walked out of the kitchen, “I didn’t think Aunt Qian would be inconvenienced by working. There are so many women working at the farm, and even if it is inconvenient for others, how can they not work during the Harvest Season?”

Mrs. Qian's face turned pale when she heard her words, but she always portrayed the role of an innocent and weak woman before Li Fu, so she bowed her head and stopped talking.

“I will not ask him to lend me a hand.” Li Fu said while picking up a steamed bun. “Besides, why should I ask him? He might come himself if he has the heart to help us.”

His words implied that Zhou Chengkang should come and assist him in his work.

Li Qinghe stopped speaking further.

After a while, she sat down at the dinner table and asked, “Didn't you say that the Hu family would come to the house to propose marriage? Why didn't they come yet?”

After the marriage proposal, he should also come to work.

Li Fu was annoyed, “What are you urging? They'll come when they're supposed to.”

The next morning, the villagers had already begun the Autumn Harvest. It was noisy outside in the early hours of the morning.

When Li Qinghe went out to feed the fish, she encountered many people carrying bundles of wheat bales on her way.

She also saw Zhou Chengwu, but he was working for Li Qingmiao's house instead of his own.

The young girl was rushing to deliver water, but one could see that she was in a good mood. She went around greeting others,

“This year someone is there to help us. My father and I can relax a bit. You don’t know how hard it was for all these previous years….” Blahblahblah, anyway, she wasn’t interested in listening to her.

The Zhou family also has an autumn harvest today, but only Mrs. Zhou and Zhou Chengkang are working. His younger sister, who is also the eldest girl, stayed home to handle housework.

In the afternoon, Li Fu may have been affected by the excitement of the people as well, so he also went to the field carrying a sickle. Mrs. Qian didn’t go with him. Therefore, three people were preparing dinner at home, while Li Fu worked alone in the field under the sun.

In the afternoon, the temperature was so high that people were scorching under the sun. Mrs. Qian, who was brewing tea instructed Zhou Wanwan, “Wanwan, deliver this tea to your father.”