94

"What happened after that? Where did the mother and daughter go to live after that??"

Mrs. Zhou shook her head, "As she was injured, she had to be taken to the town to visit a doctor."

"Was she severely injured?" Li Qinghe was very surprised. The relationship between Mrs. Qian and her sister-in-law was good, but after thinking about it, Mrs. You probably hated her because the scholar title earned by her son was now ruined by Mrs. Qian.

"Of course, she fought to take her life, how can it be not serious? If the village chief hadn't arrived on time, seeing them fight for life and separate them, it may not have been how it is now." Mrs. Zhou sighed, "It was a good thing that your father got separated from her, otherwise, he would've been entangled in these matters."

"Since the people are already dead, does it even matter if others instigated it or not? Even if he was insisted by others to do the murder, at the end of day it was he who killed them, so it was his doing's right? Although the money was also given to Qian Laixing, Qian Qian Laiwen also spent the money on drinking in a brothel that came from his parents' funeral ceremony, whom he killed. It's more than enough to sentence him to death!"

Li Qinghe agreed.

"In fact. Mrs. Qian had to pay a lot for her brother. She could have married your father in the beginning but in the end, she married into the Zhao family because the bride price given by the Zhao family was higher and she wanted to use that money for her brother's studies. Later, the Zhao family drove her out.." Mrs. Zhou shook her head, "Today, at the entrance, many people said that after marrying your father too, she used to send money back to her family."

In the end, although Li Fu was good to her, his kindness was limited. Especially when he had to give them the money that he worked hard for and, also; if he wanted to show filial piety to her parents, it would have to be on his terms, and not because someone forced him to do it.

These were the words Li Qinghe had heard more than once.

"Maybe they wanted too much money, which he couldn’t give them." Li Qinghe tentatively said, "At that time she also wanted to help the Qian family raise a child, but I refused. I said that time, unless she gave birth herself ...... cough ......"

After that Li Fu came to live with her for half a month, it was because Mrs. Qian wanted to have a child.

"Your father is lucky. If he was still entangled with her, he would also have been dragged into this mess. After seeing her state today, it would at least take ten to fifteen days to nurse her back to health. Mrs. Zhou looked at the mushrooms on the ground, "Although you picked them, they are worth the effort. They may taste delicious but it's oily."

"Mother, people just live a fulfilling life, and not just eat to live." Li Qinghe laughed, "They don't cost us money so I picked some. Anyway, they taste delicious."

Mrs. Zhou didn't say anything else.

The Yang family next door had another commotion going on in their house though. The villagers again went to his house with hoes and kitchen knives and forced him to return the money. If he can't give them money then they were fine with him compensating them with this year's harvest. But even after being threatened for life, Mr. Yang didn't give in to them this time. He got injured too. After getting injured Mr. Yang went to the mayor. No one knew what was discussed, but everyone agreed for the wages to be delayed for a year and Mr. Yang also didn't sue them for injuring him.

In Li Xingwang's opinion, they were probably never going to get the silver.

After they hired the couple, they had a lot of free time. Mrs. Chen was the one who was feeding the chickens and fish now. The couple helped them feed the animals, and cleaned inside and outside of the courtyard. In fact, they were so free that Li Qinghe had to hatch chicks for them to watch.