74

After the field was planted with seeds, Zhou Chengkang was able to completely put his mind on taking care of his wife. Every day, he made soup, either fish soup or chicken soup. And every meal had to have a meat dish. All the meals were cooked by him and Li Qinghe would do some simple tasks like cutting the vegetables.

The Li and Zhou families are busy with planting, so Zhou Chengkang had to work extra hard especially this year since elder brother Zhou had to take care of the child. He also had to sell tofu, especially during the spring and autumn harvests. Since many people were exhausted from working in the field, they were willing to buy some tofu to eat.

At this time, it was also the most profitable time to sell tofu. Before the birth of her child, Mei Shi used to go to the field to work by herself after making the tofu. They didn't have much land so Mei Shi could plant the seeds by herself. But this year was different as Mei Shi had to take care of her child, and also, she was still weak and had not yet recovered. Not to mention making tofu, even cooking was quite a strenuous task for her now.

As a result, the elder brother Zhou simply abandoned the field and entirely focused on selling the tofu.

Mrs. Zhou couldn't bear to see the land abandoned, so she went to work on elder brother Zhou's field. Because of this, she had to work more. It didn't matter if Mr.s Zhou was going to work in their field too, but how could Zhou Chengkang watch his mother tiring herself?

So, after feeding the chickens and fish at home every day and preparing the meals, he would go to the field to help his mother.

Li Fu was also with the spring plantation.

But no matter how busy he was, Zhou Chengkang would return home and cook for his wife every day. Mrs. Zhou didn't mind this and discussed a feasible solution with him, "Why don't you let the fifth child do it? You don't have to run around in the sun either."

"No." Zhou Chengkang refused.

Mrs. Zhou didn't say anything else. People who were pregnant wouldn't be able to cook. Her son wanted to cook with his own hands, especially when the farming season was still busy, which indicated the relationship between the young couple was good. What is the problem with letting the fifth child cook though?

It would be nice to help.

There was no one to help Li Fu. He and Mrs. Qian were the only people who had to work in their fields. By the time it was evening, it started raining and only a small part of the land was left to be planted, so Li Fu asked Mrs. Qian to return first, and then he continued working in the rain.

As a result, Li Fu became ill and developed a high fever. Li Qinghe knew about this because Mrs. Qian came to her house in the middle of the night to request her to bring the doctor from the town.

The couple quickly got up and took a carriage to Li's house. Li Qinghe didn't go to the town with Zhou Chengkang and went straight to see Li Fu. As for Zhou Chengkang, he did not get off the carriage and drove to the town to find a doctor.

Li Fu was indeed ill. He was lying on the bed with his eyes closed. His forehead was burning hot and his condition seemed critical. The doctor arrived at the Li house quickly. After checking Li Fu's pulse, the doctor sighed and said, " He has been overworking and is exhausted now. He should wake up when the fever subsides. It is important to take good care of him and he should not be tired anymore."

There was no danger and he was fine, but the work in the field… he shouldn't be tired out, so naturally, he can't go to the work in the field anymore.

By the time, Zhou Chengkang finished helping with Mrs. Zhou's field it was already around mid-February. While Li fu had been recovering from his illness, weeds started to grow all over his field.