31

Advertisement
The Green Lotus Peasant Girl
Chapters List
Chapter 31: Profound

Li Qinghe has never been there either, but Zhou Chengkang has, and the person who sold her the fish told her about it once. So she replied, "If you take the carriage, it will take approximately two days."

Even though the girl was a little disappointed, she did not want to give up, "So can I get a ride from town to the county?"

"Yes, but you'll have to look for the carriage yourself." As Li Qinghe said this, she casually examined the girl's clothes. She remembered that when they brought her back, she was dressed in a very simple dress, and there was no jewelry on her body. As a result, there is probably nothing she had to hide. Therefore, the clothes belonged to the third aunt.

She had no silver, so she had no way to leave. But if she really wants to leave, she should actually return the money for the medicine and chicken soup to the third aunt. For the farmer, these were not small expenses.

"That's it." The girl lowered her tone and asked again, "Does anybody in the town buy embroidery?"

"Yes, there's the Zhang Family Cloth House in town, which makes embroidery." Recalling the calluses on her hands, Li Qinghe continued, "Some of the more delicate embroideries are extremely expensive."

The girl's eyes lit up, "Thank you." She then remembered something, "My surname is Yu, Yu Yan."

Third aunt came out of the house holding a bowl of black medicine. A smile spread across her face as she asked, "Qinghe, are you coming back from feeding the fish so soon?"

"Qinghe?" Yu Yan wondered, "What is your surname?"

Li Qinghe smiled, "My surname is Li. Many people in Wangcun have the surname Li."

It will soon be time for the sun to set. She hung her quilt to dry in the morning, and if she didn't take it off soon, the autumn mist was going to make it wet once again and all of her work would be wasted.

"I have to go back. My family lives here," Li Qinghe pointed to her yard. "You can come and speak with me if you have time."

When she returned home, she saw Zhao Wanwan looking out the door in the yard.

Zhao Wanwan asked in a low voice when she saw her coming back,"She has really woken up?"

Li Qinghe casually said, "She's awake. She appears to be better now."

"It looks like she was sold secretly, doesn't she?" Zhao Wanwan followed her, "Isn't there an old man in the village who said that the wives of the big family sold their concubines quietly? Would she be the same... If this is the case, the third aunt and others are truly blessed."

'You think a lot', Li Qinghe thought.

Li Qinghe went directly to the backyard to get the quilt, brought it back to the room, and sewed it again. In winter, it was too cold without a thick quilt, and one couldn't possibly survive without one.

It was not early in the evening and the sun had already set.

To avoid the glare of the night lamp, Li Qinghe opened her room door slightly. Zhao Wanwan came to her and helped her clean up. "Sister, when will you set your wedding date?"

"I've just gotten engaged so it's too early. Maybe next year." Li Qinghe replied casually.

Zhao Wanwan sighed, "I wish I could get married sooner. Since you already know about my marriage, I always feel uneasy. If they withdraw our marriage…"

Li Qinghe pretended not to listen to Zhao Wanwan's words and continued sewing the quilt.

After a while, Zhao Wanwan said, "It would be nice if I could get five taels of silver."