105

After buying this forest, neither of them had looked through it carefully. Seizing the rare opportunity, they were not in a hurry to go home. Hunting was secondary, they mainly just wandered through the forest.

"When there's time, we should ask Dr. Huang to come and have a look. He often collects herbs, so he should know where the herbs should be planted." Li Qinghe said with a smile.

Zhou Chengkang was indifferent. He was not afraid of hard work, especially when it was with Li Qinghe. Even if it was tiring, he still felt secure. This was a dream he wouldn't have dared to think of in his previous life. "Okay, whenever we want him to come, I can go and fetch him."

Li Qinghe turned around and looked at him, smiling. "Actually, I feel that you are quite pampering me."

Zhou Chengkang looked around and saw that there was nothing but trees. He reached out to embrace her and said, "It should be." His tone was natural.

Li Qinghe immediately laughed. The two of them roamed around for half a day and eventually they caught a rabbit. The forest here wasn't deep and they didn't go far, so they were very happy to catch a rabbit.

There was only one rabbit, so they didn't think of taking it to town to sell. After taking it home, they cleaned it up and stewed it, then sent a bowl to Li Fu's place.

Whenever going back to Li's home, the yard was always spic and span. Soon after sitting down, hot meals and dishes would be served. Mrs. Liu was really very diligent.

Li Qinghe carried the meat back and saw Mrs. Liu in the yard, cutting clothes. Seeing her come in, she smiled and said, "Qinghe is here?" In a blink of an eye, seeing the bowl in her hand, she smiled and stood up, "What delicious food did you bring us back again?"

Mrs. Liu smiled and took the bowl, flipping the meat into her own bowl, and then took the bowl to the well in the yard to wash it, saying, "Your father went to your uncle's house."

After being with Liu Shi, Li Fu often went to eat at Li Xingwang's house, and occasionally invited his whole family to eat. In fact, compared to Qian Shi, Liu Shi was really a woman who knew how to live a good life. Her clothes and hair were always kept neat and clean, and she was not like Qian Shi, who didn’t work behind Li Fu’s back.

When Li Qinghe entered the house earlier, she was alone at home and was making clothes. Previously, Qian Shi wouldn't do this. When Li Fu was not at home, she wouldn't do any work most of the time. When Li Fu came home, she would start making clothes, and then Li Fu would be responsible for cleaning the courtyard.

"I won't look for him." Li Qinghe was reluctant to turn around and leave, so she sat down at the stone table and noticed that the fabric in the basket had been cut into small pieces, which surprised her. She asked, "Is Linhua pregnant?"

Mrs. Liu wiped the bowl in her hand and smiled, "No, this dress is for Xiyu. I made it with the fabric your father bought."

"If Linhua was pregnant, it would be great." She had a trance-like expression.

As if thinking of something else, she smiled as she looked at the sky, squinting her eyes due to the strong sunlight. She soon came back to her senses and walked back to the stone table to sit down. "Qinghe, sometimes I wonder if I'm dreaming. Will I wake up and find out I'm not at the Li's and still there... I especially like sunning quilts. This quilt is warm and soft, not the one from before that was hard and smelly."

It seemed she was talking about her former husband's family. It was heard she had been widowed for three years. Looking at Linhua's original name, the mother and daughter must have had a difficult time before.